TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

Hail and possible tornados tonight, boys!  

I'm going to ride it out with some cocktails and listening to records. First up is Steven WIlson.  Then maybe some Lamb of God, or Everything Everything, or maybe The Weeknd.

22 hours ago, Leader said:

Mental illness is a tough thing to overcome. Seems we mostly like to ignore it in this country. I feel for his family. Nobody knows what another person's struggles with every day. RIP. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2024 at 1:17 AM, beekay414 said:

I know country music isn't everyone's cup of tea but Garth puts on a show like no other. I'm not a music person so I'm not spending money to go to concerts often but I spent about $100 to see him live and it was worth ever penny.

One has not lived until they have seen Springsteen live. Not the 70+ year old Springsteen. Never the same after Clarence died. 

His concerts were four hours of pure energy and a roller coaster ride all at the same time. Truly an amazing performer. 

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

One has not lived until they have seen Springsteen live. Not the 70+ year old Springsteen. Never the same after Clarence died. 

His concerts were four hours of pure energy and a roller coaster ride all at the same time. Truly an amazing performer. 

1984, maybe. He sang, “The screendoor slams, Mary’s dress waves…” Then Bruce held out the mic and the crowd sang the rest of the first verse.”

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Never saw him (due to living in England), but Status Quo were probably comparable. Back in the days when their hair was long, they played big venues, tiny venues, any venues really, and always had the crowd absolutely jumping, even when the stage was tiny and they could barely fit on it.

Another very underrated band that always went down big at motor shows, bike shows, performances on piers, etc, were Dr.Feelgood. These were guys you could sit with between sets and have a beer with them, very cool.

Certain bands just have to be heard live, to get the atmosphere.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

55 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

1984, maybe. He sang, “The screendoor slams, Mary’s dress waves…” Then Bruce held out the mic and the crowd sang the rest of the first verse.”

"like a vision she dances across the porch as the radio play!" 

One of my ATF Bruce songs. He was a great storyteller too. 

Not a huge fan of Springsteen himself but he's a pretty big influence on a lot of people I really like. The Gaslight Anthem, The Hold Steady, The National, Badly Drawn Boy, and Bleachers are all super indebted to Springsteen for their sounds. Ryan Adams did a full cover album of Nebraska recently which is my probably my favorite Springsteen album. I tend to like his folksy stuff the best. 

On 5/26/2024 at 9:19 AM, incognito_man said:

I like outlaw country, and I can imagine some country shows are a helluva good time. But it's one of those things I don't necessarily seek out myself either 

Garth Brooks outlaw country? You mean sell out country. 

Where're the bodies Garth?

On 5/26/2024 at 6:22 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

Reggae is absolute garbage on record.  And I will stand by that.  But a good, tight, reggae band? That is a good time.

I always was just bored out of my skull by reggae. 

Then I dated a gal who said her favorite song was "Satisfy My Soul" by Bob Marley. So I figured, well, let's give reggae one more chance. 

Listened to the Marley song....nope, not doing it. But it was on Spotify, so the next song came on and I let it go. "Hey, this isn't bad..." Next song - "Hmm, I like this one too." Next one - "wow, maybe I was wrong all these years" Next song....pfffft. Yuck. I look at my phone and the artist is....Bob Marley. 

That was they day I found out I like reggae well enough, but whatever Bob Marely is doing different from the others, I don't like that. 

Which is funny in that here in the Upper Midwest "reggae" and "Bob Marley" are synonymous. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I always was just bored out of my skull by reggae. 

Then I dated a gal who said her favorite song was "Satisfy My Soul" by Bob Marley. So I figured, well, let's give reggae one more chance. 

Listened to the Marley song....nope, not doing it. But it was on Spotify, so the next song came on and I let it go. "Hey, this isn't bad..." Next song - "Hmm, I like this one too." Next one - "wow, maybe I was wrong all these years" Next song....pfffft. Yuck. I look at my phone and the artist is....Bob Marley. 

That was they day I found out I like reggae well enough, but whatever Bob Marely is doing different from the others, I don't like that. 

Which is funny in that here in the Upper Midwest "reggae" and "Bob Marley" are synonymous. 

Reggae? You must mean Bob Marley!

17 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

There was a honorary motorcycle ride that staged right by me, I could believe it, I think the Trikes outnumbered the Bikes 300:200

That motorcycle demographic is getting OLD and the companies have screwed themselves chasing the old man dollar rather than keeping things affordable and getting the younger generation into the eco system. 

It's also an industry getting utterly shafted by insurance cost hikes