TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

20 hours ago, CWood21 said:

@beekay414 when did Sports-Reference get behind a paywall?

20 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Which part? I still have access to player pages and stuff. 

This happened about a month or two ago I noticed.

It's absolute horse**** and they're out of their damn mind if they think people are going to pay monthly for that season finder option.

It just pisses me off.  I get it, it's a great feature, but this is just pure greed.  If you're talking about a one time payment of ten dollars, yeah, that's fair.

But a monthly subscription for something very few people are going to use?  Eight dollars a month?  Seriously? 

If this was something like next gen data or something, yeah, but the best function of it was just sorting seasons.  Stats.

It pissed me off so bad when I found out about that, so I'm just going to wait for the next one that comes along and wants to get that ad revenue instead of 8 dollars a month.

It's absolutely ridiculous, and I blame the people who pay 8 dollars a month for it. 

I am very torn up about this. 

4 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Does this say you only speak to little drunk boys. About nothing in specific?

What I should have said--in response to wgbeethree's lamenting that he speaks Spanish like a drunken child--is "Si solo hablas con niños barrachos, no importa."

Pretty sure the little drunk kids knew what I was saying.

4 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

What I should have said--in response to wgbeethree's lamenting that he speaks Spanish like a drunken child--is "Si solo hablas con niños barrachos, no importa."

Pretty sure the little drunk kids knew what I was saying.

I only know word, not even phrases. And as a construction guy it can be a little bit of a problem. Probably need to learn more of that.

34 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I only know word, not even phrases. And as a construction guy it can be a little bit of a problem. Probably need to learn more of that.

It's pretty easy for me to read and write Spanish badly. And I talk with kids at school--the sober kind--all the time. But I can rarely understand adults; native Spanish speakers fly along quite rapidly.

I can get myself into trouble trying to speak to kids also. I lifted a boy's backpack to give it to his big brother at the end of one school day. I remarked that "la mochila es muy pendejo" Instead of saying "la mochila es muy pesada." I thought the older boy was going to faint his face went so white. He just said, "That's a baaad word." So don't say ******* when you mean heavy.

Edited by Uffdaswede
  • Like 2

Being a Packers site, I know there is some crossover so just wanted to pop the virtual  champagne on the Bucks signing back to back MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo.  

This is by far the most important move in franchise history since bringing in Lew Alcindor and winning the championship. Let’s get at least one more with Giannis and show what a small market team can do when the right moves are made!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Being a Packers site, I know there is some crossover so just wanted to pop the virtual  champagne on the Bucks signing back to back MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo.  

This is by far the most important move in franchise history since bringing in Lew Alcindor and winning the championship. Let’s get at least one more with Giannis and show what a small market team can do when the right moves are made!

The NBA sucks.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 2:58 PM, wgbeethree said:

Mi Espanol es mal. Habla como un nino barracho.

LOL. Tu espanol es pequeno caca...

3 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

It's pretty easy for me to read and write Spanish badly. And I talk with kids at school--the sober kind--all the time. But I can rarely understand adults; native Spanish speakers fly along quite rapidly.

I can get myself into trouble trying to speak to kids also. I lifted a boy's backpack to give it to his big brother at the end of one school day. I remarked that "la mochila es muy pendejo" Instead of saying "la mochila es muy pesada." I thought the older boy was going to faint his face went so white. He just said, "That's a baaad word." So don't say ******* when you mean heavy.

"Pendejo" only means bum. I have a TON of Mexican friends that use that the way Hindi's use the word "bhenchode" so I'm not seeing where the child was freaking out. Also, what subject do you teach?

3 hours ago, Refugee said:

Aww, how cute. You think Milwaukee can win with LeBron controlling literally the entire league with KD and Kyrie in the East now. Giannis does not have another superstar on the team although they've certainly improved no doubt. Giannis won't win squat until has a Jason Tatum, a Kawhi Leonard(he's a fun guy uheh-uhheeeehhhhhh-uheh-uheh) or a Jimmy Butler on that team...

Edited by Joe

18 minutes ago, Joe said:

Aww, how cute. You think Milwaukee can win with LeBron controlling literally the entire league with KD and Kyrie in the East now. Giannis does not have another superstar on the team although they've certainly improved no doubt. Giannis won't win squat until has a Jason Tatum, a Kawhi Leonard(he's a fun guy uheh-uhheeeehhhhhh-uheh-uheh) or a Jimmy Butler on that team...

I guess we'll see, but the Bucks are a contender whether people want to believe or not.  Keep working on your Spanish and refrain from calling grown men cute and you'll go far.

11 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I guess we'll see, but the Bucks are a contender whether people want to believe or not. 

Never said they weren't contenders...

I said they're not going to win and them getting to the Finals wouldn't surprise me either given Kyrie's flat-earth, silly head that gets in his way of progress.