TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

Helped my best buddy move yesterday. He treated us with some of the best smoked ribs I've ever had... and we celebrated with some drinks. Me and my brother each put down a 12pk of white claw lol. Needless to say, I'm pretty tired today.

Hope you all had a great Easter weekend!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

Helped my best buddy move yesterday. He treated us with some of the best smoked ribs I've ever had... and we celebrated with some drinks. Me and my brother each put down a 12pk of white claw lol. Needless to say, I'm pretty tired today.

Hope you all had a great Easter weekend!

I had Friday off for the holiday.  My dad was in town with some of his baseball friends.  We went to the bar on Thursday and watched opening day.  Had a few drinks.  Then we watched Godzilla vs Kong and ate pizza.  On Friday, I really did nothing.  On Saturday, I went and got some expensive sheets and pillows.  My sheets were getting old, and I don't know when the last time I got new pillows was.  I like the sheets, high thread count, I recommend.  The pillows are a mixed bag.  They are heavy, and kind of hard.  They are cool memory foam, and it is comfortable, but I sleep on my side and kind of lay my head on one pillow and kind of squeeze a second pillow with my top arm and cover my face with it, I can't do that with these.  

Pretty good weekend though.

4 hours ago, Norm said:

I had a Manziel jersey that I gave away to a Browns fan that I bought as a joke on clearance years ago after he crapped out. I figured if he wasn't in the NFL it doesn't count as me being a moron.

My friend, Steve and I, almost bought an Eli Manning jersey as part of our bets.  The loser picks and has to wear the Manning jersey.  If we hadn't paid attention all week, which was most weeks, it was a 50/50 shot that one of us would just pick Eli.  I can imagine when new people would come to the bar, and hear an old guy and a not quite as old guy screaming, "Eli you sunuvabitch!" in a game with no playoff implications, and no Giants gear on thought.  LOL.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 11:44 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

I watched it a second time, with my dad, tonight.  I honestly have not been so satisfied with a movie in a very long time.  It was probably since the last Godzilla movie, TBH.  Just give me enough story to get to where there is some reason for Godzilla to start wrecking ****, and I am a happy man.

And Godzilla should win best picture.  He kicks everybody's *** like Pantera https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8plWr2ekeE&ab_channel=JAY-KOOL380  and he isn't like the Rams kicker like LALA Land.  Just wreck **** and keep me entertained.  So tired of these gay cowboys eating pudding.  Give me something that is worth watching.  In 10 years nobody is watching Midnight, or whatever that crap was called.  People will still watch Godzilla vs Kong because it is awesome.  

I watched Gozilla V. Kong on Friday night.  It was great.  Fantastic!  Just a fun movie chuck full of great CGI and not much of those stupid human stories that we incorporated into the first couple of Godzilla movies.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 1:54 PM, vegas492 said:

I watched Gozilla V. Kong on Friday night.  It was great.  Fantastic!  Just a fun movie chuck full of great CGI and not much of those stupid human stories that we incorporated into the first couple of Godzilla movies.

Are we talkin' going out on a Saturday and buying high thread count sheets fantastic?  Or just like great great?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kampfgeist said:

Are we talkin' going out on a Saturday and buying high thread count sheets fantastic?  Or just like great great?

I'd say it's more like taking your favorite current sheets, washing them with some fabric softener, then hanging them outside on a warm, non humid, breezy day, then putting them onto the bed and sleeping with the windows open.

2 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

Just to jump in on the movie thing I took a chance and watched Boss Level the other day. WAs actually pretty good, funny good action and funny. Worth a watch again for me. 

I saw the trailer for that.  Looked very interesting.  

Where did you watch it?  HBO Max?  Theater?

6 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I'd say it's more like taking your favorite current sheets, washing them with some fabric softener, then hanging them outside on a warm, non humid, breezy day, then putting them onto the bed and sleeping with the windows open.

Those sheets better be high thread count.

I nerd out on financials. I have a giant google sheets doc for analyzing the s&p 500 and bonds.

I'm a firm believer in efficient market hypothesis and typically warn against raw market timing, but have to admit I started an equity exodus/rebalancing right now. This market is the silliest it's been since dot com bubble. No way to know how long it runs up, but it's got a significant correction priced in right now. And I'd like to have some available cash for when that hits to buy at a discount.

• Like 1