Around the League 2020

Bobby816

28 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Their O line is not as good as the Jets, and their defensive is just as bad as ours. Darnold, just can't make  the throws all these other QB from his era  can make. At this point I am not sure he is the franchise QB we all through he would be. I hope i am wrong, but if I am right we are going to be in one hell of a mess.

Once he’s gone he’ll likely go on to have a decent career somewhere else. No QB is going to succeed under the circumstances here. 

34 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

The only 2 players who you mentioned that are good are Tyler Boyd and Joe Mixon - that is comparable to Jamison Crowder and Le'Veon Bell. Hell, Burrow is getting the ball out to no name TEs and moving down the field and we have Herndon. As someone else stated, our OL is better than theirs

That doesn't even matter - Burrow looked like a real QB in a real offense while only three offensive lines yielded more pressure than Cincinnati’s (33.3%) and Myles Garrett, Olivier Vernon and the rest of Browns’ defense was inches away every play

But let's chalk up Week 1 to "playing a good defense"

Hahaha. Love how you just dismiss a healthy AJ Green and rookie Tee Higgins.

6 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Once he’s gone he’ll likely go on to have a decent career somewhere else. No QB is going to succeed under the circumstances here. 

What you say could be very true, Even Ryan Fitzpatrick put good numbers with lousy talent, what killed Fitz was all those INT. Even when we beat teams that were tanking last year like Miami , CINN, & the Redskins, Darnold didn't put up big numbers.  There is nothing wrong with Darnold's, arm, his problem is where and when to throw the ball, and i don't know how you teach that.

1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

Joe looked better at everything last night, not because he has better WRs but he’s better coached. Yes the WRs will help but Joe looked fundamentally better than Darnold has, from his footwork to his poise 

I don’t know if Sams regression in those departments is a result of bad coaching, being shell shocked or a little of both 

• Like 1

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

I don’t know if Sams regression in those departments is a result of bad coaching, being shell shocked or a little of both 

I think it comes down to a little of both, his biggest knocks coming out were his footwork and his gunslinger tendency’s, he made progress at the end of his rookie year but hasn’t matched it since

13 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I think it comes down to a little of both, his biggest knocks coming out were his footwork and his gunslinger tendency’s, he made progress at the end of his rookie year but hasn’t matched it since

It’s crazy how different he looks now compared to those games vs Houston and GB. 

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

It’s crazy how different he looks now compared to those games vs Houston and GB. 

All the points made this morning by everybody on Darnold, are accurate, at least we know his arm in fine. Let hope what happen to Mark Sanchez, isn't going to happen to Darnold. I am not sure Gase, is the guy to stop Darnold's regression.