Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

59 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Either Torts is still a clown and benched PLD or Columbus is closing in on a deal for him. He's only played ~4 minutes, none in the 2nd period, tonight.

What an absolute clown. I get you want to be traded, that is piss poor effort. Definitely deserved to be benched. Poor CBJ though, they'll get another subpar return on a talented player.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Thatcher Demko has given up 5, 4 and 6 goals in his 3 starts. He's terrible.

I thought it was hilarious when everyone was all over him after the playoffs last year given the way he was just falling apart during the season last year too. 

9 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

There is very few things I hate more than players trying to intentionally tank their trade value. You want out? Fine, but bloody hell don't screw over CBJ on the way out.

In no way am I excusing PDL. He isn't even pretending to try.

But at some point, as good as he is, Torts needs to realize he alienates too many players with his coaching style. He gets more out of what he has than any other coach, but he is a big part of the reason his teams tend not to have as much.

So where the hell is hockey going?

EDIT - Just saw someone suggest or confirm that they'd end up on Peacock & USA Network. If I'm going to have to stream damn games, I'm just using the bootleg sites I use now. The NHL needs to come to an agreement with anyone other than NBC.

Edited by beekay414

7 hours ago, mse326 said:

In no way am I excusing PDL. He isn't even pretending to try.

But at some point, as good as he is, Torts needs to realize he alienates too many players with his coaching style. He gets more out of what he has than any other coach, but he is a big part of the reason his teams tend not to have as much.

He's definitely demanding but has he alienated so many players? Atleast in CBJ I don't think he's been the cause of anyone leaving that I can think of. Like I said he's definitely demanding but from what I've seen pretty fair. In this case, rumor has it PLD either wants a bigger market (apparently Montreal is his preferred destination) or Jarmo played hardball on RFA negotiations that it burned the relationship. For CBJ fans, they better hope it's Jarmo instead of the former.

Jeff Marek did say there was more on this story than is being said but we will see.

30 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

As per Darren Dregs on TSN prior to the Oilers vs. Leafs game, PLD trade is nearing imminent (whatever the F that means) and could be done soon (again whatever that means).

My money is on NY Rangers or Montreal, with a darkhorse being Calgary.

I didn't see the report, but I've seen people saying he hinted at Winnipeg.

According to multiple sources, the Winnipeg Jets’ package includes two players of their own who have requested trades — Patrik Laine and Jack Roslovic (Roslovic, who is unsigned, is a Columbus native). Anaheim is believed to have significantly increased its offer. Calgary and Montreal are among the other interested parties, and there are undoubtedly more. (As I write this, it is not believed the Canadiens are willing to include Nick Suzuki, although what’s true now might not be true 10 minutes from now.)

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/blue-jackets-aggressively-pursuing-pierre-luc-dubois-trade/

Jets what are you doing?

Edited by Canadian Saint
  • Like 1