Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

54 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Wait...I was joking. He really may be a pedo?

Basically he and his business partner(s) were named in a suit for transporting and sexually assaulting teenage boys at a party. The suit against him was dropped with no settlement (though he agreed to pay the lawyer attorney's fees). His partner on the other hand eventually was charged and convicted of several counts

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

That 20 something second shift by PLD is getting sooo over analyzed and ripped apart. Some team is going to land a 22 year old C with elite ability and potential today and I'm jealous of that. 

Literally minutes after this haha.  To the Jets for Laine and Roslovic.

I still think the Jets are nuts to trade Laine for PLD, however looking from Winnipeg's perspective, Schiefele-PLD down the middle is amazing. That has the potential to be a contending level C depth down the middle. They also have Ehlers, Connor and Wheeler for W depth. IF Laine and Roslovic both wanted out, then I can see why they made the trade.

For CBJ, I think they did exceptionally well to turn a crappy situation into a good one. Laine can be a 1RW who can pot 40 goals a season. He also never had effort or playing within a team issues either. I always liked Roslovic too, has the potential to be a middle six C with decent offense. Now speculation is weather Laine will want out after this season or not remains up in the air, however if he can work with Torts to be a two-way scoring threat a la Panarin, he'll make himself a ton of money.

Decent trade all things considered. Funny thing though, they went from the Canadian Ohio to American Manitoba. Also PLD has to quarantine for two weeks before he can join the Jets.

As a CBJ fan, pretty happy with the outcome. Laine is as good of a player as we could hope for I think under the circumstances. It does suck to return to having a glaring weakness at C. I think it will be something like Domi -- Texier -- Koivu -- Nash. 

Edit: Also Roslovic could slot in at C in bottom 6 as well

Edited by TwoToneBlue

55 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

As a CBJ fan, pretty happy with the outcome. Laine is as good of a player as we could hope for I think under the circumstances. It does suck to return to having a glaring weakness at C. I think it will be something like Domi -- Texier -- Koivu -- Nash. 

I'm a fan of Roslovic. I think he'll be a 3rd line C at worst with a pretty good chance to be a 2nd line C. He was misplayed in Winnipeg, but I think he'll do well under Torts. Also he's from CBJ too.

I think you guys won this trade, especially under the circumstances.

3 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

I still think the Jets are nuts to trade Laine for PLD, however looking from Winnipeg's perspective, Schiefele-PLD down the middle is amazing. That has the potential to be a contending level C depth down the middle. They also have Ehlers, Connor and Wheeler for W depth. IF Laine and Roslovic both wanted out, then I can see why they made the trade.

For CBJ, I think they did exceptionally well to turn a crappy situation into a good one. Laine can be a 1RW who can pot 40 goals a season. He also never had effort or playing within a team issues either. I always liked Roslovic too, has the potential to be a middle six C with decent offense. Now speculation is weather Laine will want out after this season or not remains up in the air, however if he can work with Torts to be a two-way scoring threat a la Panarin, he'll make himself a ton of money.

Decent trade all things considered. Funny thing though, they went from the Canadian Ohio to American Manitoba. Also PLD has to quarantine for two weeks before he can join the Jets.

Someone on HF actually put it best I thought. 

The Jets lost the battle in value, but they are a better team because of it. Honestly, I can't fight that idea. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

I'm a fan of Roslovic. I think he'll be a 3rd line C at worst with a pretty good chance to be a 2nd line C. He was misplayed in Winnipeg, but I think he'll do well under Torts. Also he's from CBJ too.

I think you guys won this trade, especially under the circumstances.

I think he's just a guy. An Nhler...but I think he's Pavel Zacha territory. As long as you're not signing him long term or anything, it's fine. He has some usefulness

1 hour ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Honestly, I would expect you guys to move Laine before next season. I don't know how this is a good pairing unless you fire Torts and are willing to pay him a ton. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I would expect you guys to move Laine before next season. I don't know how this is a good pairing unless you fire Torts and are willing to pay him a ton. 

Torts is in the last year of his deal and 62 yrs old. Depending how this season goes, we may go in a different direction.