Super Bowl LV predictions

Championshiporbust

7 hours ago, Riftty said:

The fact that so many people can honestly pick 49ers with a straight face is laughable.  They're trash. Wont even win 5 games.

I think they'll certainly be contenders. But to go to the Super Bowl in back to back years is a tall mountain to climb. Especially for a team like the 49ers, who I don't think are special in any way. Not some juggernaut by any means. Would not be afraid to face them under really any normal circumstances.

11 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

@VanS thinks Burrow is a sure-fire bust because he was a projected 6th round pick before his Senior season. 

No.  I think he'll bust cause he's 3rd round talent that was taken 1st overall.  I thought in 2018 he was better than his numbers.  So you could say I was higher on him than most.  However, I never saw him as a 1st round caliber NFL QB.  The only difference between me and the rest of you is I simply didn't change my assesment of him from 2018 to 2019.  I rate players based on their tools and ability not their collegiate production.  Its really that simple.  

11 hours ago, Elky said:

Part of the reason those teams made it to those conference championships is because those quarterbacks had career years. Philadelphia does not win that Super Bowl if Nick Foles did not blow up in the playoffs.

I do agree Cincinnati is more talented than their record indicated, but a rookie QB has never started in a Super Bowl and Cincinnati isn't good enough to take one to the Super Bowl.

In 2004, Big Ben went 13-0 as a rookie and had the Steelers looking like they would be a Super Bowl team.  He didn't have the biggest numbers either.  He just played well enough for the rest of the team to carry him to that record.  I don't anticipate the Bengals to be as dominant in the regular season as the 2004 Steelers but they should be very good.

For the record, in 2018 I projected the Bengals to go 12-4 despite having Andy Dalton as their starting QB.  So I have been a fan of the overall talent on the Bengals roster despite mediocre QB play for a while now. 

12 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

SBLII seemed to be their destined year....They were hosting the game at their stadium, and all they had to do was qualify....Do you think the pressure was too much or were the Eagles just that much better?....

Philly wasn't that much better, since we match up well with them.

But when you lose your starting QB for the year (Bradford at the time was a bit better than Keenum and Bridgewater was better too even though he's not very flashy) and starting RB, its tough to win vs top competition. Heck, it took a freaking miracle to beat New Orleans the week before.

And Philly has screwed us over for like 5 years straight now I think.

On 7/12/2020 at 7:06 AM, VanS said:

In 2004, Big Ben went 13-0 as a rookie and had the Steelers looking like they would be a Super Bowl team.  He didn't have the biggest numbers either.  He just played well enough for the rest of the team to carry him to that record.  I don't anticipate the Bengals to be as dominant in the regular season as the 2004 Steelers but they should be very good.

For the record, in 2018 I projected the Bengals to go 12-4 despite having Andy Dalton as their starting QB.  So I have been a fan of the overall talent on the Bengals roster despite mediocre QB play for a while now. 

And then Ben melted down in the playoffs because he's rookie that ran into Bill Belichick.

I agree Cincinnati isn't as bad as their record indicated, but I highly doubt we'll be seeing a rookie QB start in the Super Bowl any time soon. The pressure is just too much.

Edited by Elky
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

But when you lose your starting QB for the year (Bradford at the time was a bit better than Keenum and Bridgewater was better too even though he's not very flashy) and starting RB, its tough to win vs top competition. Heck, it took a freaking miracle to beat New Orleans the week before.

After last season, it looks like the Vikings may be the Saints kryptonite though...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think they'll certainly be contenders. But to go to the Super Bowl in back to back years is a tall mountain to climb. Especially for a team like the 49ers, who I don't think are special in any way. Not some juggernaut by any means. Would not be afraid to face them under really any normal circumstances.

That defense we have is a juggernaut! Smh Jimmy Gs full second year under Shanny and improved O-Line. Basically owned Mahome’s for 3 and half a qrts in the Super Bowl until that major collapse.The amount of disrespect this team gets is straight laughable.   

17 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Sorry but non of that works for me. Keenum was on fire, until the NFCCG.  The Eagles lost their Starting QB a month before that game. Not 3-4 like Bradford. 

What always seems to get lost with the Foles hoopla winning that SB is the fact the Eagles had a Top 5 Offense and Top 5 Defense. The best OL in the NFL that year and a DL that was creating Rediculous pressure. The depth on that team was absurd. Sorry , but they were better.