WaPo article expected Thursday detailing major issues inside Redskins Park

29 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

I have no problem with Ron getting all the power he needs, or thinks he needs, to get this thing turned around. Guys remember a season ago, Gruden was checked out since the Haskins pick, and Bruce was checked out, well, for his entire tenure. To come out of that mess with a solid head coach in Rivera was a remarkable job by Snyder, yes Dan Snyder. Did Rivera have leverage in that no one else wanted this job? Probably.

Maybe Rivera has a GM In mind that just wasn’t available this offseason. After the last 2 decades, I willing to give this guy the time needed to build a consistent winner.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f295e69679fa1b8786d89

7 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

And the flip side pessimist view is the mirror image of that. What happens when he's in the hot seat as a coach and then bypasses generational talent in the draft in order to get the immediate fix to the roster and save his job as coach?

That will happen regardless bc usually when a HC is on the hot seat, so is the GM. The only time I remember that not being the case was when Bruce politicked his way into getting full control in 2014 after Dan fired Shanahan for mishandling RG3.

9 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Rumor is that it's about Santos and Mann (the fired employees) and their connection to the cheerleading scandal.  These "teasers" are annoying.  Just drop the damn story if it's that serious.

Really? That can't be it. They are football personnel guys. What does that has to do with the cheerleader/calendar scandal? Ashburn is a bizarre place.

On 7/13/2020 at 11:27 AM, e16bball said:

It was a joke. I don’t actually think Ron is setting the concession menu or composing pieces of music.  

Slacker

11 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Spicy

8 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Rumor is that it's about Santos and Mann (the fired employees) and their connection to the cheerleading scandal.  These "teasers" are annoying.  Just drop the damn story if it's that serious.

I hate that crap. I still remember the pure rage the "most sickening video I have ever watched" dez bryant tape story floated by Schefter. Every day for like a week "posting it soon". 5 years later and no one has ever seen it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Troublez said:

^^ This is helpful. I would agree with these points and in general with most of what has been said. But see below:

Regarding point # 2: Overall - yes, Ron shouldn't give a fly F**** what Danny boy thinks / says regarding football decisions. But, by catering to Dan on non-football related topics, perhaps he is just playing politics.... maybe this is how Ron keep's his hands out of football decisions.

Problem is, you shouldn't have to play politics at all.  

There is a famous story going around in Ravens circles where Bisciotti interviewed Harbaugh and asked him if he could only spend 100 hours in the facility after being hired, how would he spend it.  Here is the article- https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/steve-bisciotti-s-one-question-to-john-harbaugh-during-his-interview-15112393

See that there is nothing in there about front office work.  Over 50% of the team is spent one on one with the players.  

With Rivera, I know he can do that.  Here is a great example of how he relates to players- https://247sports.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/Article/All-or-Nothing-Carolina-Panthers-Devin-Funchess-133785574/

That is why we hired him.  To instill discipline on a roster severely lacking in it, and lacking in accountability.  Club Jay, and I'd even argue it was really Club Bruce, ran rampant.  Rivera has proven himself as a coach and motivator, not as a front office guy.  We need to let the front office guys do their thing, and Rivera work with the players and coaches.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Makes sense. Thanks for the heads up.

I hate to root for a scandal to be as bad and appalling as it can possibly be, because that means something bad and appalling happen to someone (or multiple someones). But...

Do we think there’s any chance...in the current culture and climate...that if the scandal is terrible enough...and especially if it implicates Snyder personally in some way...that Dan Snyder could be...**canceled**? 

If a really appalling story is coming on the heels of the name change fiasco, could the owners (with some prompting from the league’s sponsors) explore the possibility of forcing Snyder to sell, as they (probably) did with Jerry Richardson a few years ago? Add in the constant underachieving with one of the league’s more prominent teams, as well as the apparent interest of the richest man on the planet in buying into the league (perhaps specifically in DC) — could this summer of tumult be what finally frees the Redskins?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

I hate to root for a scandal to be as bad and appalling as it can possibly be, because that means something bad and appalling happen to someone (or multiple someones). But...

Do we think there’s any chance...in the current culture and climate...that if the scandal is terrible enough...and especially if it implicates Snyder personally in some way...that Dan Snyder could be...**canceled**? 

If a really appalling story is coming on the heels of the name change fiasco, could the owners (with some prompting from the league’s sponsors) explore the possibility of forcing Snyder to sell, as they (probably) did with Jerry Richardson a few years ago? Add in the constant underachieving with one of the league’s more prominent teams, as well as the apparent interest of the richest man on the planet in buying into the league (perhaps specifically in DC) — could this summer of tumult be what finally frees the Redskins?

Why do you think he operated through Bruce Allen all of this time, and is shacking up to Rivera?  He needs a fall guy.  He wouldn't need a fall guy if he was actually in the building running the team.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I would be curious if this breaking played a role in the minority owners trying to force their way out more than the name change which has been out there for ages.