Packers 2020 Training Camp

Brat&Beer

48 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

It still blows my mind that Gute didn't do anything to upgrade the DL.  Standing pat at WR (adding Funchess=standing pat) was surprising.  Standing pat on the DL was shocking.

For some reason he still believes in Montravius Adams. Not sure why, but he does. Gonna have to rely on Lowry rebounding and a jump from Keke, otherwise it'll once again be Kenny and the JAGs once again. 

This would suggest the only remaining UDFAs Black and Sunderland is not making the roster.

As far as I can tell there are three roster spots that appears to be up in the air involving Hester, Adams, Light, Hanson and Nijman. I have to assume Burks made it.

Once the 53 is finalised Martin can go on IR-return and that leaves an open roster spot for somebody.

Edited by Chili

15 minutes ago, Green19 said:

And my point is Lazard was a cast off... he is now GBs number 2.

sometimes players do more in different situations. 

Lazar being the #2 is most of the GB fanbase issue.  

By default, someone needs to be the #2, doesn't mean they are of comparable quality relative to other #2 WR across the league or to the 2005 to 2015 GB group

So with just an hour and a half to go before the deadline who do you reckon are on the Packers trading block?

Patrick? Adams? Light? Nijman? Lancaster? Lowry? Turner?

We have a sizable number of players from the trenches yet to be cut so maybe we're trying to entice a team to give up a draft pick or a player for one of ours.

Edited by Chili

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Lazar being the #2 is most of the GB fanbase issue.  

By default, someone needs to be the #2, doesn't mean they are of comparable quality relative to other #2 WR across the league or to the 2005 to 2015 GB group

And team building is different year to year. Green Bay is way stronger at RB then they ever were from 2005-2015. There are different philosophies at play.

My point is you can still find guys that will be big parts of the packers 2020 season success. You can minimize Lazard as being someone that “has” to be number 2... fact is he produced.

As for the Dline... I think what people are missing is that I think GB is banking on Gary. He was a plus prospect against the run in college. I think they are looking to him to help greatly in that department. Rather he does or doesn’t is up in the air.