CFB Misc News Thread

naptownskinsfan

On 2/21/2024 at 11:05 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

You serious, Clark? That's too much

D2 has 165 teams, 28 playoff team. 128 FCS teams, 24 playoff teams. FBS has 134, why would 14 be too many?

Hell IMO there should be more because every conference winner should get a playoff spot to go along with some at large bigs. For now 14, isn’t bad. #1 and #2 get a bye and are automatically in the elite 8

• Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 6:24 AM, RuskieTitan said:

Soon we're going to start seeing CFB playoff participation banners and trophies. America has gotten soft. Charmin soft. Sad.

lol my dude the Hawaii Bowl gives the winner a football shaped pineapple trophy for going 5-7 in the regular season, the participation trophies have been here the whole time

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

lol my dude the Hawaii Bowl gives the winner a football shaped pineapple trophy for going 5-7 in the regular season, the participation trophies have been here the whole time

As a very tangential CFB watcher, I have never understood the seemingly 50+ bowl games every year. A real playoff actually gets me interested in postseason CFB, instead of me just rolling my eyes at the Milwaukee M18 Sawzall bowl or whatever 

3 hours ago, adamq said:

As a very tangential CFB watcher, I have never understood the seemingly 50+ bowl games every year. A real playoff actually gets me interested in postseason CFB, instead of me just rolling my eyes at the Milwaukee M18 Sawzall bowl or whatever 

How dare you attack such a prestigious bowl game 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's a free download, not like it costs EA anything.

I'll be interested to see what his team does when there's a "QB #16" for Texas with his exact likeness and ratings in the game.

I was being tongue in cheek. 

I'm sure the likeness won't be close to avoid any issues from previous entries. Hell, a 70 overall black QB named Ron Williams who wears #19 seems just as likely to me to fill the spot. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I was being tongue in cheek. 

I'm sure the likeness won't be close to avoid any issues from previous entries. Hell, a 70 overall black QB named Ron Williams who wears #19 seems just as likely to me to fill the spot. 

Just googled it, you're right:

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/ncaaf/ea-sports-college-football-25-block-gamers-adding-players-who-reject-nil-opt-in/3469716/

A generic player created “based on the traditional strength or weakness of a position over the past decade for that school” will be used in place of players who opt out, Daryl Holt, EA Sports senior vice president, told ESPN.

On the topic of blocking opt-out players from being added, Holt told the network, “I won’t reveal how we’re dealing with that.”

“But yeah, you won’t be able to edit that,” Holt told ESPN.

Huma said he believes that aspect of the game will protect players who decide to opt out.

I give the nerds about 20 minutes before they figure out a workaround for the edit feature and 2 days before a realism pack is available for download, but yeah EA is covering their bases.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Just googled it, you're right:

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/ncaaf/ea-sports-college-football-25-block-gamers-adding-players-who-reject-nil-opt-in/3469716/

I give the nerds about 20 minutes before they figure out a workaround for the edit feature and 2 days before a realism pack is available for download, but yeah EA is covering their bases.

Oh man, I hadn't even seen they actually said that so thanks for sharing. Makes more sense though. Cover your butt as much as possible and let the nerds figure out how to beat the system. 

Arch is the only one "so far" that I have heard of any significant value that opted out. 

By surpassing 10,000 opt-ins, EA Sports has reached 87% of its goal for the game, which will feature teams with 85-man rosters.

• Like 1

Arch might be too young to grasp how big the EA game was/is to ppl.  What was he like 7-8 when the last one was out?  The video game probably doesn’t mean anything to him so it’s not a big deal to opt out.  The money from EA is peanuts compared to his other NIL.