CFB Misc News Thread

naptownskinsfan

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Not subscribed so can't read the article, but my guess would be since defense has to be more reactionary it relies more on athleticism which show out early. Offense on the other hand can rely more or skills and technique which are learned so not as apparent at younger ages

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Not subscribed so can't read the article, but my guess would be since defense has to be more reactionary it relies more on athleticism which show out early. Offense on the other hand can rely more or skills and technique which are learned so not as apparent at younger ages

I pulled that from Twitter. A lot of responses seemed to mimic something similar to what you said. 

55 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I mean, it's whatever. But why do so many of these kids follow Deion? Colorado is going to win 3-5 games. I don't get it. 

It makes sense because Deion was essentially the original poster child for flamboyance and branding, which is what a good portion of recruits care about. That's basically the only real reason. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I mean, it's whatever. But why do so many of these kids follow Deion? Colorado is going to win 3-5 games. I don't get it. 

One of the best CBs in NFL history and has the ability help market these young kids' brands.  They're not going to win much in terms of their college career, but they're focusing on their long-term results.