CFB Misc News Thread

naptownskinsfan

Lock him up for real prison time. Too often our society coddles these criminals. The next victim is the one who pays the price. Lack of consequences = less fear of committing the next crime. Guys reoffend because they don’t fear the consequence as much as anything. Sure he can turn his life around, but sending him back out into society quickly isn’t how that’s done and it’s also not fair to society.

• Like 3

On 9/16/2023 at 10:36 AM, NateDawg said:

Lock him up for real prison time. Too often our society coddles these criminals. The next victim is the one who pays the price. Lack of consequences = less fear of committing the next crime. Guys reoffend because they don’t fear the consequence as much as anything. Sure he can turn his life around, but sending him back out into society quickly isn’t how that’s done and it’s also not fair to society.

Not to mention, he's just re-offending anyway. This isn't a mental health he needs sympathy situation, this is just flat out criminal behavior. 

I'm all for the justice system helping those who genuinely need help. But what constitutes help here? A court ordered mentor? A proxy parent to remind him not to rob places? Sorry, but immaturity is not a defense and it's not society's problem. If he can prove he's insane and needs help, help. Until then, no. He's just a guy who got coddled up until he wasn't being coddled anymore. 

• Like 1

https://apnews.com/article/michigan-state-mel-tucker-fired-246ff49e66a8a1a3f692d6710da791ae?utm_medium=AP_Top25&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter

Michigan State informed suspended football coach Mel Tucker on Monday that he will be fired without compensation for misconduct involving activist and rape survivor Brenda Tracy in a sordid case that dates back more than a year.

And there's the hammer. Expected.

Tracy’s allegations were made public by USA Today earlier this month. The 51-year-old Tucker, who said he is estranged from his wife and has two children, said the allegations against him are “completely false.” Tucker insisted that the intimate phone call he had with Tracy was consensual and outside the scope of both Title IX and school policy.

The actual balls on this guy to go with the "she wanted it" defense when she's the Title IX coordinator.

Kudos to the AP editor though. "No my wife and adult children don't talk to me, why do you ask?"

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Tracy’s allegations were made public by USA Today earlier this month. The 51-year-old Tucker, who said he is estranged from his wife and has two children, said the allegations against him are “completely false.” Tucker insisted that the intimate phone call he had with Tracy was consensual and outside the scope of both Title IX and school policy.

The actual balls on this guy

I can’t help it, the irony imagery is hilarious here

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I can’t help it, the irony imagery is hilarious here

I get that legally it's probably his best option since it was a Zoom call and there's electronic records on both sides showing the call happened, but you'd have a better chance convincing me he was possessed by a demon than she was into it.

44 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I get that legally it's probably his best option since it was a Zoom call and there's electronic records on both sides showing the call happened, but you'd have a better chance convincing me he was possessed by a demon than she was into it.

Insert the Seinfeld sketch on the male body being built for power episode…

ce70387cd66c0899295ac02a738e17a1--female