CFB Misc News Thread

naptownskinsfan

19 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Furthermore if Arizona leaves the Big 10 is expected to go after Oregon and Washington.

I don't think Arizona leaving is going to suddenly spur the B1G into getting Oregon and Washington.  it motivates Oregon and Washington, but not the B1G.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I don't think Arizona leaving is going to suddenly spur the B1G into getting Oregon and Washington.  it motivates Oregon and Washington, but not the B1G.

Just what I read in an article earlier today. Said the Big 10 was preparing to offer Oregon and Washington and considering Stanford and Cal but leaning against inviting those two.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/sports/sources-big-ten-narrows-focus-on-oregon-washington-175549459.html

Edited by rob_shadows

36 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Arizona State and Utah to the Big 12.

Cal, Stanford, Oregon State and Washington State are the lone remaining Pac 12 teams. 

Cal and Stanford could be next for the Big Ten. This would give the Big Ten all three of the largest West Coast-based markets - LA, Bay Area, and Seattle.

Then Oregon State and Washington State to the Big 12, accomplishing their goal of being a four-time zone conference (they explored Gonzaga before but they are not a good fit).

If there is one law Ohio should pass that could very well be popular with the state's residents, it's one requiring Cincinnati and Ohio State to meet in every sport that both schools sponsor. Now that Cincinnati is in the Big 12 this definitely needs to be considered. The Bearcats are the single greatest threat to the Buckeyes' dominance of the state that they have enjoyed for over a century. And that should be a good thing. As an OSU fan I wouldn't mind losing to UC every now and then. OSU doesn't really have a major OOC rival within the P5 like many Big Ten schools (including incoming member USC's rivalry with Notre Dame). It's time they do.