Giants and Jets To Play 2020 Without Fans In The Stadium

HolmesPriest

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

The NFL telecasts are going to have to eat their Wheaties to try and filter out all of the colorful language on the field too with no fans to help them. Should be glorious. 

Even with the crowd noise a couple Fs and Ns can slip through during a game with the players jawing at each other. Really could become an issue for them now with 0 fans. Should be funny to follow.

3 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Honestly they should postpone the season all together until a vaccine is released. 

The ****ed up thing is it looks like their blatant disregard for human health and communal welfare is going to maybe pay off given that there are lots of promising signs that there could be a working vaccine from the UK by September.

Basically this entire gross exercise is going to be rewarded rather than suitable punished.

8 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Even with the crowd noise a couple Fs and Ns can slip through during a game with the players jawing at each other. Really could become an issue for them now with 0 fans. Should be funny to follow.

I thought this would be an issue when wrestling went to no crowds. Not so much the vulgarities although those do happen, but sometimes wrestlers will call their spots and talk to each other during a match and they would take advantage of crowd noise to make this work. It never really came across. 

7 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The ****ed up thing is it looks like their blatant disregard for human health and communal welfare is going to maybe pay off given that there are lots of promising signs that there could be a working vaccine from the UK by September.

Basically this entire gross exercise is going to be rewarded rather than suitable punished.

clinical trials here in the states have gone well so far. So vaccines aren't terribly far off. I don't see why they dont just wait until like october and then have the superbowl in march or april. 

No real reason to get a 100+ people into a group to be on top of each other during a pandemic. 

18 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

clinical trials here in the states have gone well so far. So vaccines aren't terribly far off. I don't see why they dont just wait until like october and then have the superbowl in march or april. 

That is still terribly optimistic IMO. The most recent and comparative example (albeit still not apples to apples) would be SARS and that vaccine took 5 years. Granted, there is more of a rush on this as it is effecting the entire globe, but I still would put a vaccine out to the general public despite promising reports at early 2022. Keep in mind, when a vaccine does eventually get approved it will be reserved for essential personnel (hospital staff, etc) and high risk patients (elderly, asthmatics, pre-existing heart conditions, etc.) before it is open to the masses. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

That is still terribly optimistic IMO. The most recent and comparative example (albeit still not apples to apples) would be SARS and that vaccine took 5 years. Granted, there is more of a rush on this as it is effecting the entire globe, but I still would put a vaccine out to the general public despite promising reports at early 2022. Keep in mind, when a vaccine does eventually get approved it will be reserved for essential personnel (hospital staff, etc) and high risk patients (elderly, asthmatics, pre-existing heart conditions, etc.) before it is open to the masses. 

I saw somewhere that they are mass producing the vaccines that show promise so that as soon as they have passed the trials they already have a sizeable chunk ready.

54 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

No real reason to get a 100+ people into a group to be on top of each other during a pandemic. 

vaccine testing has many layers, its much like an onion. We will be amazingly fortunate if we have a vaccine by end of year, we shall be lucky if we get one next year. Anything sooner is a pipe dream.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I'm in the UK dude, there is zero chance of a vaccine by September or anything like it.

• Like 1