Michael Bennett Retiring

Ty21

48 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

He does a lot of good off the field. I dont feel like the title of this thread is warranted 

I dont have a strong opinion of Bennett one way or another, but I always hated this argument.

Just because a person/company does some good in the public eye doesnt dismiss the bad they do.

Nike supposedly does good in the public eye...doesnt mean they are off the hook for exploiting children in sweatshops for the last 40 years.  

There are MANY rich people/companies who donate tons of a money and "do good".....alot of it is a show to distract from what they really are.

Again....I dont know much about Bennett to judge him, but the argument itself is not a good one. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

It's not.

Crybaby Diva Mod Changes Thread Title

ET80 might do a lot of good off the field but let’s not forget the times like these.

(This is a joke btw, the thread title wasn’t warranted)

Edited by Dome
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I dont have a strong opinion of Bennett one way or another, but I always hated this argument.

Just because a person/company does some good in the public eye doesnt dismiss the bad they do.

Nike supposedly does good in the public eye...doesnt mean they are off the hook for exploiting children in sweatshops for the last 40 years.  

There are MANY rich people/companies who donate tons of a money and "do good".....alot of it is a show to distract from what they really are.

Again....I dont know much about Bennett to judge him, but the argument itself is not a good one. 

Im not sure I understand. You are saying bad cancels out good but good can't atone for bad?

Just now, Chrissooner49er said:

Opinions are allowed, right?! This is a forum....

That's fine, but this is supposed to be News. Keep it to the facts.

I'm not a fan of the guy either, but let's keep it to NEWS here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Someone PM me with the news articles for why he's an awful human.

Genuinely curious. I thought he was a good dude for the most part

Just google his name and some negative connotation and you’ll get thousands of articles 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Someone PM me with the news articles for why he's an awful human.

Genuinely curious. I thought he was a good dude for the most part

I could be wrong, but if memory serves me right, he felony assaulted an elderly paraplegic woman. Then to try and get out of it, he used the BLM movement and claimed white cops were pointing guns at him. It turns out he completely lied about the cops. 

It was pretty despicable. 

But not really something to talk about in this thread. Thats the story I remember, feel free to research it. If I am wrong, someone can correct me via PM.

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I could be wrong, but if memory serves me right, he felony assaulted an elderly paraplegic woman. Then to try and get out of it, he used the BLM movement and claimed white cops were pointing guns at him. It turns out he completely lied about the cops. 

It was pretty despicable. 

But not really something to talk about in this thread. Thats the story I remember, feel free to research it. If I am wrong, someone can correct me via PM.

pretty sure you are putting two separate incidents into one

• Like 3