Official Cut ✂️ Thread

Humble_Beast

7 hours ago, Rolni said:

Try to light the mood up a bit here guys :)

I really like the Collins-Hurst-Hankins trio at DT. I think they will rotate and eat up almost all of the snaps inside. Nassib and Ferrell might also see some action there.

I also really like the Ferrell-Crosby-Nassib trio at DE, obviously with the expected jump from Ferrell, but we must expect that from the 1\4. Key can also be a solid rotational help.

I see that the LB depth is an issue at first look, but don't forget we will play 4-2-5 most of the time. That is our base rather then the 4-3.

Our DB depth looks really solid on paper, so overall I don't share your big depth concerns!

I hope I'm right here :D

I think the release of Lee confirms that we will likely be 4-2-5 base formation also bearing in mind that we picked up Heath, Randall and have Abrams back at safety so maybe some big nickel looks. 

On the DL I expect Marinelli to produce similar improvements that Buckner did from ‘18 turning round the DL from 10 sacks to 32. Marinelli should bring some good numbers for an improved group with the additions of Nassib and Collins. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HvacRaider said:

what do you all see as our WR going into year? 

Do you think Doss can make team? 

Ruggs, williams, renfrow, edwards, nelson A., and ???? 

I’m projecting this as out WR line-up to start the season:

X WR: Tyrell Williams, Bryan Edwards

Z WR: Henry Ruggs, Zay Jones

Slot WR: Hunter Renfrow, Nelson Agholor 

Practice Squad: Rico Gafford and Keelan Doss

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Jones get cut though.  He has to have a very good camp to make the team.  I could see Doss being straight released and moving on.

I think Agholor could be a nice weapon and surprise some people.  I don’t think his end of the year stats are overly impressive in the least, but I think he will be used as an athletic slot WR on drag+crossing routes as well as deep routes.  He’s a very good compliment to Renfrow as he has the speed and athleticism that Renfrow lacks. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HvacRaider said:

what do you all see as our WR going into year? 

Do you think Doss can make team? 

Ruggs, williams, renfrow, edwards, nelson A., and ???? 

I think the top 4 spots are locks in: 

Ruggs, Williams, Renfrow, Edwards 

5th spot: Agholor - more then likely to make team. Speed, can return punts, proven vet to compliment the Rookies. 

6th spot up for grabs. Likely Zay Jones but he is no lock. If Rico/Doss tear it up, they could steal that last spot. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

10 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think the top 4 spots are locks in: 

Ruggs, Williams, Renfrow, Edwards 

5th spot: Agholor - more then likely to make team. Speed, can return punts, proven vet to compliment the Rookies. 

6th spot up for grabs. Likely Zay Jones but he is no lock. If Rico/Doss tear it up, they could steal that last spot. 

I agree and it's only the 6th spot up for grabs and Jones has the inside track on it as of now. 

Our WR group is much improved over last season and I like the Aghlor signing as our 5th guy.  Good STer and has been misused as  WR in Philly.  I don't expect much in terms of overall numbers but I think he will make plays for us and has skills with the balls in his hands. 

As Jim points out above he will be mostly used in the slot and will focus on drags+crossing routes.  Those are where he excels and even though he is fast his deep ball skills and hands are questionable.  Get the ball in his hands close to the line of scrimmage and watch him work.  

16 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Nobody thinks Marcell Ateman has a chance at that 5th / 6th spot??

Nah.

He is a slow possession only guy and since we have Williams and Edwards at that spot with a lot better speed and athleticism I highly doubt Ateman can get a spot.

I can't say that Jones is a lock, but the relationship he has built with Carr over the offseason does help him imo and he is just a better WR then Ateman and Rico. 6th WR spot will probably have to play some special teams and we will see is Jones is able to do that. But I would full comfortable saying the WR's on this team will be Williams, Ruggs, Renfrow, Edwards, Agholor and Jones are set.

I cannot wait to see Edwards on the field. No preseasons games suck because I wanted to see him play. He will be the WR to look out for. Maybe he shows out so much they cant keep him off the field. 

44 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I cannot wait to see Edwards on the field. No preseasons games suck because I wanted to see him play. He will be the WR to look out for. Maybe he shows out so much they cant keep him off the field. 

Yep, it's disappointing not to see some of these guys in pre season and I really liked Edwards last year. I think this upcoming season may be a tad early for him to really show what he can do but if he can ease his way gradually into the rotation I think he can be a very good player in '21. Very excited about his prospects and in combination with Ruggs I think we can be optimistic. Thunder and Lightning 😀

I always thought 2021 would be Edwards year to start contributing, but he is being talked about very highly so maybe he can make his case and get some early playing time this season. Williams and Edwards out side Ruggs in the slot and Waller at TE. 

Long ways to go to for Edwards, but I am very high on him. 

I found Carr's comparison to Devante Adams interesting. I always thought Edwards is way more closer to Alshon Jeffery in body type and in play style.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I always thought 2021 would be Edwards year to start contributing, but he is being talked about very highly so maybe he can make his case and get some early playing time this season. Williams and Edwards out side Ruggs in the slot and Waller at TE. 

Long ways to go to for Edwards, but I am very high on him. 

I found Carr's comparison to Devante Adams interesting. I always thought Edwards is way more closer to Alshon Jeffery in body type and in play style.

Yep, if we expect him to perform in '21 he may contribute much earlier and if he does then that is a bonus. I watched quite a bit of Edwards in the run up to the draft and really thought highly of him too, may be the best value receiver drafted. I think Allen Robinson was a guy he was compared to a lot and I can see why, honestly I see a little Jerry Porter but maybe a bit more smooth and less twitchy.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I wonder if Ruggs would be a good fantasy pick up. 

No. To many mouths and we run the ball alot. Only if you think the defense is gonna be awful would I pick up any raiders wr. Jacobs and waller only two guys on team that's draftable imo.