Jets trade Jamal Adams to Seattle

NewAge

49 minutes ago, NewAge said:

Kind of an afterthought at the moment, but McDougald is another playing on an expiring deal. I think JD is setting the team up to reel in a few 2022 comp picks. 

Basically, Jets got 2 first round picks for Adams in total.  McDougald is 30 years old and his skill set may be limited for another team to invest in. 6th round comp, perhaps?

Edit: Scratch 6th round comp since I keep forgetting about tighter salary cap for 2021. Maybe no comp for him.

Edited by JetsandI
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Basically, Jets got 2 first round picks for Adams in total.  McDougald is 30 years old and his skill set may be limited for another team to invest in. 6th round comp, perhaps?

Edit: Scratch 6th round comp since I keep forgetting about tighter salary cap for 2021. Maybe no comp for him.

He could cancel out some mid level signing. 

Hopefully, they sign Clowney to a one-year-deal and then get a third rounder for him after he walks. It can more than make up for the 2022 fourth that was sent to Seattle today. 

Edited by NewAge

2 hours ago, NewAge said:

He could cancel out some mid level signing. 

Hopefully, they sign Clowney to a one-year-deal and then get a third rounder for him after he walks. It can more than make up for the 2022 fourth that was sent to Seattle today. 

Is there any substance to everyone now wanting Clowney signed or is it just wishful thinking? 

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I was patient with Adams, but the dude is a clown and needs to grow up. He forced his way off this team,  Douglas got us the best deal possible. NO one on FF thought we would get anywhere close to this. 2 1st rounders and a 3rd plus a starting safety?   We are in a good position to build this roster, especially if Douglas can draft well and he had a good first draft on paper. 

• Like 1

So much for my ideas of how to sign Jamal. 🤣

Oh well. I like that we got two 1st. I did not expect that.

We can move on now. We get Mosley back this year and hopefully we can add an edge rusher like Clowney.

Edited by SDotNova

Unless I'm forgetting someone I feel like the only players we've done great with were Nick, Brick and Shaun Ellis and trading for Curtis. I guess we can count David Harris too.

Revis, Abraham, Vilma, Rhodes, Cotchery,, Wilkerson (although that's also on him for mailing it in with Bowles) and now Adams.

GREAT talent we finally draft but don't keep. Disturbing for this franchise how bad we've been drafting the past 20 years and how bad we've been at keeping them.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Unless I'm forgetting someone I feel like the only players we've done great with were Nick, Brick and Shaun Ellis and trading for Curtis. I guess we can count David Harris too.

Revis, Abraham, Vilma, Rhodes, Cotchery,, Wilkerson (although that's also on him for mailing it in with Bowles) and now Adams.

GREAT talent we finally draft but don't keep. Disturbing for this franchise how bad we've been drafting the past 20 years and how bad we've been at keeping them.

Can’t do anything about a player that was going to do absolutely anything to leave. He wasn’t going to sign here long term. He wasn’t going to to put his head down and not be a distraction.

This isn’t on the Jets 

• Like 1

As I said in the other thread: The Jets clubhouse and players for the most part are thrilled to be rid of this overrated distraction. Adams was not loved in that clubhouse, and much more will probably leak out from players other than Bell.  Bell is just the beginning.  Adams was a liar by the way.

Adams = me first cancer.  No regard for his teammates or fans.  P.O.S. in the classical sense.