Jets trade Jamal Adams to Seattle

NewAge

18 minutes ago, dcat said:

As I said in the other thread: The Jets clubhouse and players for the most part are thrilled to be rid of this overrated distraction. Adams was not loved in that clubhouse, and much more will probably leak out from players other than Bell.  Bell is just the beginning.  Adams was a liar by the way.

Adams = me first cancer.  No regard for his teammates or fans.  P.O.S. in the classical sense.

I’ve actually heard this as well 

I'd consider going after Yannick, we have draft capital and a ton of financial ability. Yannick would give us the best edge rusher we had since Abraham.  No longer having to pay Adams $17-20 mil per is a big deal for our cap situation, we have a ton of money coming up. Though we will have to pay Darnold eventually. 

Having 2 1sts in next years draft can really help our offense though, we can get playmakers and really build the foundation. Its too bad we wasted so many years with Maccagnan at GM. 

Edited by NYJets4716

2 hours ago, dcat said:

As I said in the other thread: The Jets clubhouse and players for the most part are thrilled to be rid of this overrated distraction. Adams was not loved in that clubhouse, and much more will probably leak out from players other than Bell.  Bell is just the beginning.  Adams was a liar by the way.

Adams = me first cancer.  No regard for his teammates or fans.  P.O.S. in the classical sense.

You just contradicted yourself.  the clubhouse and players are thrilled then go on to say more will probably leak out.  Aside from a Bell tweet no one has said anything lol. And all I've seen is guys on IG supporting him in Seattle.

Listen guys I'm all for debate and Adams is gone so it's over but don't come after me saying I'm speculating about things which is exactly what everyone on here is doing.

3 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Can’t do anything about a player that was going to do absolutely anything to leave. He wasn’t going to sign here long term. He wasn’t going to to put his head down and not be a distraction.

This isn’t on the Jets 

I'm talking about the last 20 years as a whole.  This franchise has been terrible drafting and dealing with players.  I'm all aboard the JD train and trust him but it's still annoying how we always seem to get to this situation.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

You just contradicted yourself.  the clubhouse and players are thrilled then go on to say more will probably leak out.  Aside from a Bell tweet no one has said anything lol. And all I've seen is guys on IG supporting him in Seattle.

Listen guys I'm all for debate and Adams is gone so it's over but don't come after me saying I'm speculating about things which is exactly what everyone on here is doing.

trust me.  Adams was far from loved in that room.  Believe whatever you wish.

36 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I'm talking about the last 20 years as a whole.  This franchise has been terrible drafting and dealing with players.  I'm all aboard the JD train and trust him but it's still annoying how we always seem to get to this situation.

yeah... I go back to the 60's with this team.  There are times when it seems that it doesn't matter who the GM is.  It doesn't matter who the coaches are. It doesn't even matter who the owner is.  We are cursed.  At least I was 9 when I saw Namath make his prediction and then win it.  I think he may have sold the team's future to the devil.

43 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Here you go. Reactions from 'Hawks fans. One of my good friends is a lifelong.  He is not happy but likes Adams as this cut and paste from a group shows:

- Outrageous price. 2 First Rounders?!

- Man, they paid a hefty price, esp with a huge contract they must give him! Not too happy about this!

- Love the player, hate the cost. 2 Firsts for a Safety is horrible value.

- Not worth it. They over-paid compared to the LAST 3 YEARS WORTH OF TRADES. Grats I guess? Hope it was worth it. Stupid trade. Stupid stupid stupid and they will regret it. Dumb considering he isn't signed long-term.

- This seems like a massive overpay for a position that was not an area of need. A trade for defensive end or corner would make sense but strong safety? What an overpay for a guy that was pushing his way out anyway.

- Worth every penny.

- Have you guys seen this guy play? He is Earl level. Seriously

(If they think this guy is anything like Earl Thomas, they’re on crack. If anything, he’s more of Kam) 

- J Adams is good, so good. But he just can't be as good as McDougald, 2 First Round players and a Third Round player

- Adams is a great player, but when you trade THAT MUCH DRAFT CAPITAL WHEN HE STILL NEEDS TO BE SIGNED IS ABSURD

- We massively overpaid for a guy fighting his way off his team and constantly complaining. Cant see how this could go wrong. Compare this trade to Minkah Fitzpatrick last year. We paid a ton more in draft capital plus we gave them Mcdougald who is a good player.

I may finally be ready for regime change. This reeks of desperation and all in attitude for the next 2 years. Not at all a win forever move

- His distractions have been small potatoes. I imagine he will be very happy here

- Adams is the Seahawks answer to George Kittle

Majority of them like the player but hate the price and the position. They feel as if there are more important positions that needed to be filled. JD deserves unlimited tugarounds at the game by one of the Flight Crew girls. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Unless I'm forgetting someone I feel like the only players we've done great with were Nick, Brick and Shaun Ellis and trading for Curtis. I guess we can count David Harris too.

Revis, Abraham, Vilma, Rhodes, Cotchery,, Wilkerson (although that's also on him for mailing it in with Bowles) and now Adams.

GREAT talent we finally draft but don't keep. Disturbing for this franchise how bad we've been drafting the past 20 years and how bad we've been at keeping them.

Revis was a long time Jet traded for a #1 and then came back with a ridiculous cap-strangling cap hit.  Abraham was traded, iirc, due to moving to a 3-4 under Mangini  and did not fit. Vilma moves on for same reason iirc. Crotchety was a loss but he was not some great #1 WR. Really, you bring up mail-it-in Wilkerson?

We do not have all pros because of piss poor drafting. JD is changing that. Apparently, Mac did not concern himself with character, JD does so, hopefully, these POS divas are a thing of the past with JD at the helm. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dcat said:

yeah... I go back to the 60's with this team.  There are times when it seems that it doesn't matter who the GM is.  It doesn't matter who the coaches are. It doesn't even matter who the owner is.  We are cursed.  At least I was 9 when I saw Namath make his prediction and then win it.  I think he may have sold the team's future to the devil.

Wow, I though I was the only guy on this board that went back to the sixties. I am still not over the Jets letting John Riggins walk.

50 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We lose on the run defense some but Mosley and Williamson being back more than make up for it. McDougald will be good in coverage for us and we can use Peanut to blitz. Gregg has toys he can use defensively. We’ll be fine. 

This trade is looking pretty good. I brushed off McDougald. If you’re telling me he is as good as Jamal in coverage, then our defense has is not going to drop off too much. I expect our run defense to be as good as last year. Our pass rush Got worse though. Getting Clowney makes a lot of sense for us. Come on Joe D.