Training camp 2020 thread

paul-mac

17 hours ago, champ11 said:

I really liked Bausby last year. I guess we might have another undrafted stud on our hands 

15 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Bassey was being talked about as a day 2 pick until he sucked it up at the senior bowl 

14 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

It can be tough for the more scheme-dependent guys in those Senior Bowl practices where everyone is asked to do the same things. 

14 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Yeah, he’s a pure zone CB and struggled in man to man. Who knew?

On the flip side it would not surprise me to see Bausby catch on with another team and succeed as a 3rd CB in a man scheme.   Wish him well, it would be a mild upset to see him clear waivers given how CB is valued positionally.   

Re: Hollins it shows the downside of the tweener skill set.   Will be interesting to see if he clears waivers.   Both guys would be no brainers for the PS.  

Bausby making it to the PS is a blessing, he's cheap, 3 more years of cost control, and we'll see if he can adapt to Fangio's scheme.    Staley being the DC in LAR, totally makes sense that Hollins would land there, wish him well in LAR.

It's a reflection of how much we've reinvested in WR that Winfree is certainly an afterthought.   It's a sign that our roster depth at a lot of positions is improving enough that flyer projects don't get a spot on the 53-man roster.    When a team is in complete rebuild mode, you're better off with those guys than vets who are past their peak - but as some of those projects are developing, and our draft isn't whiffing as badly as it did in 2014-7's lean years, now we can't keep everyone.   

53 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Hollins to the Rams not a surprise and Cleveland kicked Winfree to the curb IMO.

Anyone know about Tolliver, another of Fangios pet prospects ?

My buddy who is a Bears fan was surprised he didn’t make the 53. Good player apparently 

Looking at the newly released depth chart shows why Duke Dawson made the team. He’s listed as both a backup CB and the 2nd string SS.  When Denver traded for him last year I mentioned his game is reminiscent of Kareem Jackson’s.....no he won’t ever be that good, but he’s a very versatile player.  Can matchup outside, in the slot, and at safety.  I think his best projection is actually at SS, so I love that he is being utilized there.

Hollins got messed around by our Coaching staff, if we're being honest. He was never, ever going to be an OLB in a 3-4. He'd never been a pure outside rusher and he was way too light to play 3 downs in a position he's never played.

I would like to see him get the chance to develop as a space ILB on a team that's big upfront, just to see if he can flash his athleticism.

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Hollins got messed around by our Coaching staff, if we're being honest. He was never, ever going to be an OLB in a 3-4. He'd never been a pure outside rusher and he was way too light to play 3 downs in a position he's never played.

I would like to see him get the chance to develop as a space ILB on a team that's big upfront, just to see if he can flash his athleticism.

See, I thought they messed him up the other direction. His skill set best fits that of an Edge player, despite his body being that of an ILB. He always struggled in space but had the burst, hand strength, and body lean to be a good sub-package pass rusher. 

at the end of the day he might be one of those players whose skill set doesn’t match his body and this never succeeds at this level 

9 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

See, I thought they messed him up the other direction. His skill set best fits that of an Edge player, despite his body being that of an ILB. He always struggled in space but had the burst, hand strength, and body lean to be a good sub-package pass rusher. 

at the end of the day he might be one of those players whose skill set doesn’t match his body and this never succeeds at this level 

I got a vernon gholston vibe from him