Confidence Level In This Season?

AkronsWitness

Confidence Level In This Season?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you personally stand?

• All Systems Go. Full Season Will Be Played. Everything Will Be Fine.
    • The Season Will Be Cut Short Due To Player Safety
    • No Chance Football Gets Off The Ground. Too Many Opt Outs. Too Much Risk.

NFL teams should have been bubbled in their respective cities facilities and then game should have been held at the facilities instead of their stadiums. 

Think about it. 

Find a hotel nearby and rent it out for the season. Only team staff is allowed on property. Transportation to and from the hotel/facility is done with COVID-19 protocol in mind. 

Opposing teams travel into the city and use another hotel, same procedures. 

Testing done throughout the week.

• Like 1

Maybe we could attach 6 foot flags to the players and play some flag football instead of tackle :D I mean, it's not like they can tackle the QB without getting a penalty anyways lol.

On a serious note, the season better go all the way, the Chiefs are going Back to Back Champions :D 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

NFL teams should have been bubbled in their respective cities facilities and then game should have been held at the facilities instead of their stadiums. 

Think about it. 

Find a hotel nearby and rent it out for the season. Only team staff is allowed on property. Transportation to and from the hotel/facility is done with COVID-19 protocol in mind. 

Opposing teams travel into the city and use another hotel, same procedures. 

Testing done throughout the week.

I think they at least should have done it for training camp prior to the season. Hard to get 53 players plus your staff to be away from your family for 6+ monthes.

Edited by 49erurtaza

27 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I think they at least should have done it for training camp prior to the season. Hard to get 53 players plus your staff to be away from your family for 6+ monthes.

Not hard at all. Imagine someone in the military on a tour for 2 years at a time. It’s just part of the process. Asking them to do this for half a year is a lot but under the circumstances it makes sense. NFL gave them the option to opt out as well. Health and safety would be the priority here. 

4 hours ago, HolmesPriest said:

Maybe we could attach 6 foot flags to the players and play some flag football instead of tackle :D I mean, it's not like they can tackle the QB without getting a penalty anyways lol.

On a serious note, the season better go all the way, the Chiefs are going Back to Back Champions :D 

ouch cam newton GIF by Tomas Ferraro, Sports Editor
2020 season...

But in all seriousness. This seasons done for. However I do ultimately think they finish it. I think as long as they’re able to get through at least 5 weeks then they will take the top 16 teams and do a playoffs that they smartly place into a bubble.

Fast start teams will ultimately be rewarded. Teams will have to target more than anything finishing 4-0 through their first 4 games.

After that I see the league shutting down for a couple months before reopening with a bubble strategy where divisions are separated into a bubble and after the divisional bubble games, the 16 teams, 8 per conference, with the best records will go to the playoff bubbles.

Many fans will feel jaded, but the season will finish with a team winning the Superb Owl.

Other potential fines for violating NFL-NFLPA protocols, after written warning for first offense:

- Refusal to submit to virus testing: $50,000
- Refusal to wear mask, PPE or tracking device, or maintain social distancing during team travel: progressive discipline up to $14,650

On 8/3/2020 at 5:03 PM, indifference said:

Seeing how the MLB is having trouble Im having serious doubts now. 

The two teams that have had all the issues were out partying on the road.

I really don't see issues arising if players do what most of the public does. Wake up, go to work, go home, go to bed, do it again.

The NFL will have the advantage of just 8 road trips all year spaced out by at least 1 week. Fly in on a Saturday AM. Go from airport to hotel, to the walk through field, back to the hotel, cater in all meals to the rooms, wake up and go to the stadium, fly home.

I am pretty confident that IF the players take it seriously there will be a full season. If they don't, it'll spread throughout the locker rooms.

46 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Fly in on a Saturday AM

Sharp Football wrote about this with regards to west coast teams playing in eastern time/ early games. Seattle, SF and the LA teams preferred to arrive on Friday so they weren't jet-lagged for the early starts. NFL told them...this year, maybe Sat arrivals instead.
But that puts those west coast teams at a competitive disadvantage. No good answers

27 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Sharp Football wrote about this with regards to west coast teams playing in eastern time/ early games. Seattle, SF and the LA teams preferred to arrive on Friday so they weren't jet-lagged for the early starts. NFL told them...this year, maybe Sat arrivals instead.
But that puts those west coast teams at a competitive disadvantage. No good answers

As the Packers showed last year, sometimes it doesn't matter when you take off for a WC game, they tried 3 different things for the 3 different games, got their butt kicked in all 3.