Training camp talk. Rumors, pictures, etc.

Gmen

So did Owens drop a lot of passes? Sure, especially as his career was winding down in Dallas, Buffalo and Cincinnati. But a lot of great receivers drop a lot of passes. Is Borges going to argue that Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, Tim Brown and Marvin Harrison should be removed from the Hall of Fame because they were all on the drops leaderboards with Owens? Is Borges going to argue that Rod Smith, Brandon Marshall, Wes Welker and Reggie Wayne don’t have good career résumés because they were all on the drops leaderboards with Owens?

When you’re knocking a player because he did a lot of bad things — dropped a lot of passes or threw a lot of interceptions or fumbled a lot — it’s important to remember that you can only be in a position to do a lot of bad things if your team is relying on you a lot, and your team is only going to rely on you a lot if you’re a good player.

12 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Reagor was bad for drops last year? Sure. He also was playing with the worst QB of any WR in the draft and was visibly frustrated at points of the season. He was also good as far as drops in 2018.  Drops can  vary a good deal year to year.

And, yeah I know T.O. had a lot of drops I watched him a good amount with the Eagles and Cowboys (think he dropped more with them). T.O. isn't the only example. He is just the first that comes to mind cause he's an all time great and he's somewhat recent.

Here's a little tidbit on the GOAT for you.

I'm not even sure why you're posting the bit about Jerry given that I've acknowledged maybe they are, maybe they aren't. Maybe he gets better, maybe he doesn't. 

I was simply commenting on the humor in the "concentration drops" being an automated response for fans when defending their guy. 

Also, Raegor was better the year before in drops, I don't know that he was "good". I think he was okay. Everyone largely acknowledges that he puts the ball ground far too much on his own, regardless of the quarterback situation. It's a flaw. Maybe he gets past it, maybe he doesn't. But he's going to have to prove that first. 

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not even sure why you're posting the bit about Jerry given that I've acknowledged maybe they are, maybe they aren't. Maybe he gets better, maybe he doesn't. 

I was simply commenting on the humor in the "concentration drops" being an automated response for fans when defending their guy. 

Also, Raegor was better the year before in drops, I don't know that he was "good". I think he was okay. Everyone largely acknowledges that he puts the ball ground far too much on his own, regardless of the quarterback situation. 

I get what you're saying. I just got defensive cause Reagor has been a guy I've liked since I saw him killing it as a true sophomore in 2018.

I'd say 6 drops on 137 targets is pretty good.

Edit: And as far as the concentration drops... I was just referencing what Reagor himself said in a recent media session.

• Reagor admitted concentration drops were an issue in college and that’s something he’s working on.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/7/28/21345693/jalen-reagor-philadelphia-eagles-coaches-x-z-wide-receiver-positions-rookie-nfl-training-camp-news

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

16 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

No point in arguing with him, @Forge. Let him homer over his new Agholor.

If he is exactly like Agholor including being a 9 TD scorer as part of a SB Champ in year 3 then count me as happy.

• Nelson is not a good WR but thanks for 2017. 🏆

I'd prefer he becomes the next Stanley Morgan or DeSean Jackson AND win multiple Super Bowls but we will find out on the field.

Trivia Note: I have no memory of his dad playing for the Eagles in 2007.

Edited by SkippyX

4 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

You’re the one that quotes all my posts in a Charger thread and brings up quotes from months ago lol

Eh. I quoted one post and we had a back and forth and I was just reminding you of what you said about Herbert that mirrored what I was saying. 😉

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

5 hours ago, animaltested said:

2017 2nd Rounder Malik McDowell => injured in offseason - never played a snap.

2018 1st Round Pick Rashard Penny =>Broken Finger in Preseason, injured knee in season = IR

2018 3rd Rounder Rasheem Green => Ankle injury handcuffed 1st seasons

2018 4th Rounder WIll Dissly => IR'd in 4th game of the season

2019 1st Round LJ Collier => Ankle injury in minicamp, never really recovered

2019 2nd Round Pick => Marquis Blair hurt in preseason, missed a few weeks

At what point do you just redshirt dudes for their rookie year? lol

10 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

At what point do you just redshirt dudes for their rookie year? lol

They got nothing on our last 6-7 first rounders.  Hopefully Burrow smashes the trend, but Tyler Eifert was the last one to do anything their rookie year, and the price there was that he was oft-injured every year after.

Jonah Williams had zero snaps.  Billy Price played sparingly due to injury.  John Ross played sparingly.  William Jackson tore a pec in camp and never played.  Cedric Ogbuehi only played a few snaps at the end of the season coming off a college ACL tear.  Darquez Dennard didn't play either.

That's atrocious