Cowboys DT Gerald McCoy ruptures right quad tendon; out for season

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Wow. Sounds slightly worse than a torn ACL. Had no idea Triple H, Diesel, and Mutombo all did it. Interesting.

Here's Nash tearing his:

Mutumbo:

I've torn my ACL before - it's a quick pop, surge of pain and then you can walk around on it - cutting and jumping isn't advisable, running isn't recommended (unless you're in a life or death situation).

I've ruptured my patella tendon before, which is similar to a ruptured quad in terms of tissue consistency and mechanical function - nightmarish pain, quite literally the worst amount of pain I've ever been in. I couldn't bend my knee past a 20 degree angle immediately afterwards, I was confined to couch rest for a week before surgery, then stuck on same said couch for three months before I could work myself up the stairs. Took me about 18 months to fully rehab my leg, it was not an easy process.

I feel bad for McCoy, it's a long road to recovery for him.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I've seen it in basketball - Dikembe Mutumbo ruptured his quad his final year as a Houston Rocket. WWE COO Triple H and former NWO member Kevin Nash both had actual ruptured quads they suffered in match (not that it counts for 'rasslin, I guess).

It's the opposite of rupturing a patella tendon - the tendon that attaches the quad and the patella pops, and the muscle can't contract without the lower anchor. It's a brutal injury, takes 12+ months to recover...

first thought that a ruptured quad was more serious than an acl, glad to see Dr. ET has us covered. Acl surgeries and rehab are so common these days, wouldnt shock me if theres a day soon that guys come back in season from them, weird to say but would have been so much better if it was just the acl.

Sucks for mccoy and dallas, hopefully this doesnt end his career.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Here's Nash tearing his:

Mutumbo:

I've torn my ACL before - it's a quick pop, surge of pain and then you can walk around on it - cutting and jumping isn't advisable, running isn't recommended (unless you're in a life or death situation).

I've ruptured my patella tendon before, which is similar to a ruptured quad in terms of tissue consistency and mechanical function - nightmarish pain, quite literally the worst amount of pain I've ever been in. I couldn't bend my knee past a 20 degree angle immediately afterwards, I was confined to couch rest for a week before surgery, then stuck on same said couch for three months before I could work myself up the stairs. Took me about 18 months to fully rehab my leg, it was not an easy process.

I feel bad for McCoy, it's a long road to recovery for him.

I’m going to be honest. I’m a bit Squimish when it comes to injuries, so I didn’t watch any of those videos. 😂

But yeah I can relate to the torn ACL but the other injury sounds miserable. I’m annoyed when I get a meniscus tear. So something that would disrupt my entire life for months and create untold pain would be truly terrible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I feel like this is a career for him at this point? 

If I were him I feel like I would attempt a comeback, but only because the motivation to get back to an NFL level athletically would force me to take my rehab more seriously from a mentality standpoint. But yeah, in all actuality this sounds like it just might be the end of the line for his career.