Cowboys DT Gerald McCoy ruptures right quad tendon; out for season

RaidersAreOne

Damn, that sucks for him.  Considering he'll be 33 next season, I'm thinking this could possibly be it for him.  He was a solid pass rusher for us last season, but wasn't very effective against the run (then again, nobody was).  If he loses any more explosiveness I can't imagine he'll have much left.

Wow... this is the first time I’ve ever heard of a Ruptured Quad injury.

But yeah this sucks. I honestly don’t know why this injury came to such a shock to me, but it did. I suppose my brain eliminated the idea for other bodily dangers in football and replaced it with only dangers from Covid-19.

I digress, I’m not a Dallas fan but they’ve put together a pretty nicely stacked squad, this is a blow, but they still have a lot going for them between that offense and their other defensive components.

15 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Wow... this is the first time I’ve ever heard of a Ruptured Quad injury.

I've seen it in basketball - Dikembe Mutumbo ruptured his quad his final year as a Houston Rocket. WWE COO Triple H and former NWO member Kevin Nash both had actual ruptured quads they suffered in match (not that it counts for 'rasslin, I guess).

It's the opposite of rupturing a patella tendon - the tendon that attaches the quad and the patella pops, and the muscle can't contract without the lower anchor. It's a brutal injury, takes 12+ months to recover...

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I've seen it in basketball - Dikembe Mutumbo ruptured his quad his final year as a Houston Rocket. WWE COO Triple H and former NWO member Kevin Nash both had actual ruptured quads they suffered in match (not that it counts for 'rasslin, I guess).

It's the opposite of rupturing a patella tendon - the tendon that attaches the quad and the patella pops, and the muscle can't contract without the lower anchor. It's a brutal injury, takes 12+ months to recover...

Vincent Kennedy McMahon tore/ruptured both quads sliding in the ring iirc. Maybe he just tore them. 

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Wow. Sounds slightly worse than a torn ACL. Had no idea Triple H, Diesel, and Mutombo all did it. Interesting.