Did Ravens make a mistake replacing Ozzie?

DontTazeMeBro

9 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Meh. The Ravens Big 3 RBs only totaled 21 carries. The OL has guys getting tackled in the backfield all game, the run blocking was particularly putrid (though credit to the Browns run defense). JKD had the second longest run of the game and was the best RB out of a talented trio. It’s not as if he simply tripped into two TDs. He earned those carries because outside of a big gain by Gus Edwards when the game was already put away, Dobbins was the most productive back in the game.

I think you’re simply getting defensive because CEH had an impressive performance and feel the need to somehow sour the production of another back.

The comment was made in response to a thread that is about the lack of quality in the early returns of EDC as Ravens GM. Early returns on JKD has shown him to be the best RB in the game that just took place and he capped it off with 2 TDs, on only 7 carries. That’s good early return production to display that his second round selection seems to be a draft pick well spent. Which is the point of the post. If this were a comparison to another player, than perhaps your comment might hold merit about it being dishonest. It would be far more “dishonest” to claim a back who has only had 7 carries, but 2 of them ended up in TDs “just so happened to get the goal line carries” as if he just tripped into said production.

You're the only one who brought up CEH. I can comment in a thread without it having anything to do with my own team. That's just you deflecting.

The guy had two short yardage touchdowns. Only 7 carries. Just 3 yards per carry. That doesn't justify saying "Bow down!" after one game. That doesn't constitute "good early return production." That doesn't prove it's a draft pick well spent. It's one game, with 7 touches, where two happened to come on the goal line. I'm not saying he played bad, or that he's a bad pick. I quite liked the value of the pick when they took him. I am saying it's foolish and pre-emptive to try to argue it's already a great pick, and it's misleading to say he had a two TD game just to be able to imply it was a great statistical start. Peyton Barber had a two TD game this week as well. It would be just as foolish for someone to say hey, he only had 22 rushing yards, clearly he's a failure already. Listing one stat, that's largely a circumstantial one, one game into the year, and acting like yes, this draft was excellent, is what I'm arguing against. And you're just doubling down on that kind of absurd small sample size analysis.

6 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

You're the only one who brought up CEH. I can comment in a thread without it having anything to do with my own team. That's just you deflecting.

The guy had two short yardage touchdowns. Only 7 carries. Just 3 yards per carry. That doesn't justify saying "Bow down!" after one game. That doesn't constitute "good early return production." That doesn't prove it's a draft pick well spent. It's one game, with 7 touches, where two happened to come on the goal line. I'm not saying he played bad, or that he's a bad pick. I quite liked the value of the pick when they took him. I am saying it's foolish and pre-emptive to try to argue it's already a great pick, and it's misleading to say he had a two TD game just to be able to imply it was a great statistical start. Peyton Barber had a two TD game this week as well. It would be just as foolish for someone to say hey, he only had 22 rushing yards, clearly he's a failure already. Listing one stat, that's largely a circumstantial one, one game into the year, and acting like yes, this draft was excellent, is what I'm arguing against. And you're just doubling down on that kind of absurd small sample size analysis.

Agree with you. The Ravens running game as a wholewasn't good in week 1 (outside Lamar scrambling). People who see Dobbins solid fantasy point total shouldn't think otherwise. Dobbins hasn't shown he was a great draft pick...

yet

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

It’s very interesting that your first comment in this thread came with JKD being mentioned. You say it’s disingenuous to bring up his early returns. Well it’s all that one has to go off of, which is kind of the point. The thread was preemptively determined to castigate EDC ability to perceive value and draft appropriately based off of the limited information gathered from the 2019 draft class and other moves. So equally based off of limited returns the 2020 draft class has shown to be quite impactful given it’s small sample size. 7 carries and 2 TDs constitutes early returns on a pick, saying otherwise is far more disingenuous than saying that it’s somehow misleading.

He didn’t claim JKD to be an elite runner. He didn’t compare him to other RBs. He simply listed his 2 TDs because it’s early value. You coming in here and acting as if he tripped into the result is far more telling. You can say what you will about deflecting, regardless of what you say and if it’s actually true, the point still stands. There is more evidence of it not being a wasted pick than evidence that it is a wasted pick, ie early returns. And it’s not just a game, he’s been dominating in camp as well. The 2 TDs were just the only sample size available. So along with the early returns from:

Queen, Duvernay, Harrison, Phillips, Washington, and Proche... he absolutely should “bow down”. The “early returns” argument isn’t holding weight with the 2020 list, so until it does... there’s no argument to be had. One who bows can still stand when there’s no longer a reason to bow. Your statement acts as though the only ammunition he’s brought up in this thread was JKD... have you failed to consider the rest of the ammunition with the inclusion of 2 rookies who were nominated for ROTW by the NFL. Call it disingenuous all you like, but if it is, then call the NFL disingenuous for nominating him on his 2 TD result.

5 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Agree with you. The Ravens running game as a wholewasn't good in week 1 (outside Lamar scrambling). People who see Dobbins solid fantasy point total shouldn't think otherwise. Dobbins hasn't shown he was a great draft pick...

yet

It wasn’t good. But that wasn’t what was claimed by @Silver if you’ve been following the thread, you’ll notice he used a similar Thanos meme earlier, partly in jest.

Whats more considering the multiple runs where our RBs were met with tackles 2-4 yards in the backfield consistently, the production for JKD was almost as good as can be asked for. I counted only one run where he got a 3 yard gain where if he had better patience would have resulted in potentially an additional 5-7 yards on the play. It doesn’t prove or disprove his draft pick, but until he actively does so, then the point is questioning the talent EDC has brought in is a foolish endeavor and should be given its proper time to digest the talent... aka “bow down.”

Edited by diamondbull424

5 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

It’s very interesting that your first comment in this thread came with JKD being mentioned. You say it’s disingenuous to bring up his early returns. Well it’s all that one has to go off of, which is kind of the point. The thread was preemptively determined to castigate EDC ability to perceive value and draft appropriately based off of the limited information gathered from the 2019 draft class and other moves. So equally based off of limited returns the 2020 draft class has shown to be quite impactful given it’s small sample size. 7 carries and 2 TDs constitutes early returns on a pick, saying otherwise is far more disingenuous than saying that it’s somehow misleading.

He didn’t claim JKD to be an elite runner. He didn’t compare him to other RBs. He simply listed his 2 TDs because it’s early value. You coming in here and acting as if he tripped into the result is far more telling. You can say what you will about deflecting, regardless of what you say and if it’s actually true, the point still stands. There is more evidence of it not being a wasted pick than evidence that it is a wasted pick, ie early returns. And it’s not just a game, he’s been dominating in camp as well. The 2 TDs were just the only sample size available. So along with the early returns from:

Queen, Duvernay, Harrison, Phillips, Washington, and Proche... he absolutely should “bow down”. The “early returns” argument isn’t holding weight with the 2020 list, so until it does... there’s no argument to be had. One who bows can still stand when there’s no longer a reason to bow. Your statement acts as though the only ammunition he’s brought up in this thread was JKD... have you failed to consider the rest of the ammunition with the inclusion of 2 rookies who were nominated for ROTW by the NFL. Call it disingenuous all you like, but if it is, then call the NFL disingenuous for nominating him on his 2 TD result.

It wasn’t good. But that wasn’t what was claimed by @Silver if you’ve been following the thread, you’ll notice he used a similar Thanos meme earlier, partly in jest.

Whats more considering the multiple runs where our RBs were met with tackles 2-4 yards in the backfield consistently, the production for JKD was almost as good as can be asked for. I counted only one run where he got a 3 yard gain where if he had better patience would have resulted in potentially an additional 5-7 yards on the play. It doesn’t prove or disprove his draft pick, but until he actively does so, then the point is questioning the talent EDC has brought in is a foolish endeavor and should be given its proper time to digest the talent... aka “bow down.”

Funny this is it’s an article on NFL.com with chiefs Coaches complaining about CEHs goal line running ability... Probably a direct response to the success JKD had in that regard lol... it’s a two team race and due to previous success KC has the right to feel confident as u should... We got the same opponent y’all had last week this week.... readdress these messages boards Monday afternoon 

11 hours ago, ET80 said:

This didn't age well.

It wasn't born well if we're being honest... but it actually aged worse than expected.

🥱 13 years and I haven’t read an original thought from you yet. You were pretty amusing when you used to pretend to be a party boy though. Before Webmaster got you to spend most of your free time working for him.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

🥱 13 years and I haven’t read an original thought from you yet. You were pretty amusing when you used to pretend to be a party boy though. Before Webmaster got you to spend most of your free time working for him.

@DontTazeMeBro, eat a Snickers. You have bad football takes when you're hungry.

• Like 2

On 8/23/2020 at 2:47 PM, DontTazeMeBro said:

He agreed to it after the 2013 season so Eric wouldn’t leave for another job. 

Doesn't prove he was forced out. In fact, the article you posted suggests that he most definitely wasn't forced out. Also, you'd think that if Newsome still wanted to be a GM in the league, that maybe somebody would have hired him? Just a guess.

Do you have any proof that Newsome was even fired by the Ravens in the first place? 

• Like 1