PFF QB Rankings ahead of the 2020 season

TecmoSuperJoe

PFF Rankings: NFL starting quarterback rankings for 2019

29. NICK FOLES, CHICAGO BEARS

My god, that site is such a joke. It's nothing more than pandering to ignorant fans to gain views/money and unfortunately it works.

Just for giggles, I looked up what PFF rankings were last year and this is hilarious. Not even the staff trust and believe in their BS grading systems anymore.

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-pff-rankings-nfl-starting-quarterback-rankings-for-2019

Last year they said Mayfied was poised to be an MVP and now they are saying this a "prove it year" for him. They ranked Lamar Jackson 27th last year behind the likes of Winston, Dalton, Mitch, Mariota and Darnold. Now he's suddenly in the top-3.

This gets more and more an more ridiculous every year. 

But I digress.

15 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

My god, that site is such a joke. It's nothing more than pandering to ignorant fans to gain views/money and unfortunately it works.

Just for giggles, I looked up what PFF rankings were last year and this is hilarious. Not even the staff trust and believe in their BS grading systems anymore.

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-pff-rankings-nfl-starting-quarterback-rankings-for-2019

Last year they said Mayfied was poised to be an MVP and now they are saying this a "prove it year" for him. They ranked Lamar Jackson 27th last year behind the likes of Winston, Dalton, Mitch, Mariota and Darnold. Now he's suddenly in the top-3.

But I digress.

I don't take any preseason list seriously.  Its essentially a list based on what happened last year.  As you noted, nobody saw Lamar's 2019 coming or Mahomes 2018.  For all we know the top QB in the NFL this year could be Daniel Jones.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, VanS said:

I don't take any preseason list seriously.  Its essentially a list based on what happened last year.  As you noted, nobody saw Lamar's 2019 coming or Mahomes 2018.  For all we know the top QB in the NFL this year could be Daniel Jones.

Same. Parody reigns in the NFL. Way too many factors involved. Especially this year with everything going on.  Their list is as much of a gamble as any of ours would be. 

On 9/4/2020 at 11:32 PM, JAF-N72EX said:

But I digress.

I have absolutely no love for PFF, especially their laughable grading system (notably for DBs and lineman),. but this isnt really that bad.

These are just like power rankings going into the season.   They are easy to bash in hindsight, but looking at them at this point, there is nothing really GLARINGLY bad that sticks out.    

• Like 1

Its not a terrible list but I would make some major changes

Rodgers is too high

Roethlisberger is too low

Tyrod is way too low

Burrow is way too high.

Some of the logic is just strange. Brady was bad because of weapons but somehow Cam is going to do well? How did their weapons improve?

The highest rated QB in 2019 is 21st? He will regress from 1st to 21st because we feel like it?

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

Its not a terrible list but I would make some major changes

Rodgers is too high

Roethlisberger is too low

Tyrod is way too low

Burrow is way too high.

Some of the logic is just strange. Brady was bad because of weapons but somehow Cam is going to do well? How did their weapons improve?

The highest rated QB in 2019 is 21st? He will regress from 1st to 21st because we feel like it?

Tannehill was playing at a rate that was unsustainable last year, and while I wouldn't put him that low, I could see why PFF are skeptical that type of dominance will continue. History just isn't on Tannehill's side in that regard. Of the top of my I head I can't think of a career where someone was pretty lackluster for years, and years, and then on a new team just started dunking on everyone like crazy. Rich Gannon is the closest I can think of, and he did win an MVP one year, but for that several week stretch Tannehill was playing lights out at a level that is unlikely to be sustained. He won't be averaging 9 1/2 YPA. He already tumbled back down in those three postseason games. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe