Any word on Clowney signing?

BZski

He should bite the bullet and just sign on a team like KC or something - a team that’ll be playing with a lot of leads. Get the most sacks you can and try to cash in again next year, it’s just not happening this year. 

If the cap does go down, I almost feel bad for the guys on the prove it deals in 2020. But Clowney played his hand so badly.

I really think he might retire from football.

Just looking at the last few notes on him... I get the feeling that this guy doesn't like football. He likes the money, won't say no to a huge deal, but... That's all he wants. There's no actual desire to win games or perform well, he wants the biggest paycheck possible. If he doesn't get it, he'll walk away for good.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I really think he might retire from football.

Just looking at the last few notes on him... I get the feeling that this guy doesn't like football. He likes the money, won't say no to a huge deal, but... That's all he wants. There's no actual desire to win games or perform well, he wants the biggest paycheck possible. If he doesn't get it, he'll walk away for good.

I kinda get this feeling from what the Titans beat writers are saying.  Some of them are pretty questionable in reliability, but they all seem to agree that they can't get him in for a physical.

I'm thinking he might be assuming he won't pass and is just trying to drag things out to buy him more healing time.  That or he isn't motivated to play if he doesn't get what he thinks he's worth.