Any word on Clowney signing?

BZski

30 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Also pretty rich coming from a fan of one of the 12 teams that haven't won a superbowl before....

So, your thesis is essentially that fans of teams who haven't won Super Bowls are innately less intelligent than fans of teams who have? That's what you're going with?

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Are you reading the thread?

Any time someone's go to argument about intelligence revolves around the team that they root for's success or lack thereof, context is completely irrelevant, which is too bad, because that material was writing itself for him.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Also pretty rich coming from a fan of one of the 12 teams that haven't won a superbowl before....

Curious... is intelligence measured by who you root for, for whatever your reasons?  And here I thought that while growing up in Cincy, the only geographic IQ measure  was if you were dumb enough to drink straight from the Ohio River.

I've gotta admit, I don't think I've ever seen as much speculation/discussion/talk in an offseason revolve around this average of a player. 

I mean, he's fine. Good when he wants to be.

But I can't help but feel the "Clowney sweepstakes" talk all offseason had more to do with a bored sports crowd due to Covid than the guy's actual play on the field.

🤷‍♂️

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I've gotta admit, I don't think I've ever seen as much speculation/discussion/talk in an offseason revolve around this average of a player. 

I mean, he's fine. Good when he wants to be.

But I can't help but feel the "Clowney sweepstakes" talk all offseason had more to do with a bored sports crowd due to Covid than the guy's actual play on the field.

🤷‍♂️

He’s a good player. Elite run defender and a solid pass-rusher(good at his best). Plus he’s very versatile and can rush from all over the front. He obviously doesn’t rack up a ton a sacks but he definitely helps others around him just with his presence. He’s talked about because he’s been the best available FA since April and still is unsigned.

17 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Saints want to make all these moves, just to bail out of the playoffs to Minny .. lol

Saints are making these moves to get the 1st seed and ensure they won't have to play Minny at all in the playoffs. Payton really thinking ahead with this move.

19 hours ago, MWil23 said:

So, your thesis is essentially that fans of teams who haven't won Super Bowls are innately less intelligent than fans of teams who have? That's what you're going with?

My intention wasn't to trigger fans of any other team, it was to oppose someone calling out another fan for his 'pathetic franchise'. If you want to take up against me (the one who opposes the 'pathetic franchise' jib) and not the guy who said it, then that's up to you. But I didn't mean to trigger anyone else. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

8 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

My intention wasn't to trigger fans of any other team, it was to oppose someone calling out another fan for his 'pathetic franchise'. If you want to take up against me (the one who opposes the 'pathetic franchise' jib) and not the guy who said it, then that's up to you. But I didn't mean to trigger anyone else. 

Was I lying though? Just because the Titans haven’t won a super bowl doesn’t mean they’re a pathetic franchise. The Jags have had terrible leadership from the top down for a while now. The Titans were a pathetic franchise as well before Amy Adams Strunk took over as acting owner and Jon Robinson as GM, this team has turned around big time. Have they won a super bowl, no but if you can’t tell difference between now and before them, I don’t know what to tell you. The Jags had the outlier season in 17 where everything went right but have players left and right begging to be traded or released. That’s the mark of a franchise that is pathetic. Has nothing to do with winning Super Bowls or whatever. 

Edited by ttitansfan4life