Peterson released

Slateman

I think this is good for both parties. Peterson does not fit what Turner is wanting to do. From what I herd....multiple back sets, lots of motion and backs that are able to contribute in the pass game. Peterson is a one dimensional and needs a lot of carries to contribute. He would be a wasted roster spot if he is only getting 8-12 carries a game. Barber/Love can fit that role. Peterson can now go to a team that is more set up to pound the rock, and he can continue his pursuit of Smith record!

Just a quick guess...I think Adrian ends up in New England!!!

Edited by Marcus21

4 minutes ago, Marcus21 said:

I think this is good for both parties. Peterson does not fit what Turner is wanting to do. From what I herd....multiple back sets, lots of motion and backs that are able to contribute in the pass game. Peterson is a one dimensional and needs a lot of carries to contribute. He would be a wasted roster spot if he is only getting 8-12 carries a game. Barber/Love can fit that role. Peterson can now go to a team that is more set up to pound the rock, and he can continue his pursuit of Smith record!

Just a quick guess...I think Adrian ends up in New England!!!

Yup. While not ideal for him this late in camp (right before the season), this allows him to sign with a contender (maybe not the Pats this year) during the season.

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. While not ideal for him this late in camp (right before the season), this allows him to sign with a contender (maybe not the Pats this year) during the season.

I read Sony is in the dog house in New England. Came to camp fat and out of shape. I also just read that they really wanted Fournette before he signed in Tampa... Prolly wont happen but I think Adrian would be a good fit in New England

1 minute ago, Marcus21 said:

I read Sony is in the dog house in New England. Came to camp fat and out of shape. I also just read that they really wanted Fournette before he signed in Tampa... Prolly wont happen but I think Adrian would be a good fit in New England

Crap, I got him late in fantasy and was hoping for a hold sleeper.

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

We're all talking Gibson, but to me, this sets up the sneaky JD McKissic big year play. (by big year I mean something like 700/400)

Why though?  Why would you give all those reps to a proven JAG over the player you just spent your 2nd pick in the draft on?  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marcus21 said:

Yeah, but I think NE is gonna tank a bit this year. If AP wants a ring, he needs to find a different team (maybe)

15 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Why though?  Why would you give all those reps to a proven JAG over the player you just spent your 2nd pick in the draft on?  

Antonio Gibson has, what, 30 career carries? That might be why. He might not be the carries guy. Barber, Love, McKissic might get more of those, and I am guessing we could see a lot of JD if Love still isn't healthy and Barber is ineffective. I know JD doesn't have a lot of carries either, but it sounds like he could be on the field a bunch too. JD might be the guy to get the 700 receiving/400 rushing yards.

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Antonio Gibson has, what, 30 career carries? That might be why. He might not be the carries guy. Barber, Love, McKissic might get more of those, and I am guessing we could see a lot of JD if Love still isn't healthy and Barber is ineffective. I know JD doesn't have a lot of carries either, but it sounds like he could be on the field a bunch too. JD might be the guy to get the 700 receiving/400 rushing yards.

McKissick has been in the league since 2016 and has basically done nothing. If he’s our lead back than we have issues. 

15 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I guess we'll see.  I think if the coaching staff thought 30 carries was such a big issue, they wouldn't have drafted him so highly. 

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

The thing with Peterson is what it always is: he wants to be the feature back and he doesn’t do well in situations where he’s playing part-time. As long as he’s getting 80% of the carries/snaps, he’ll be great for you. When you’re asking him to split the load, especially when he’s getting the short end of a platoon — you’re gonna have a little trouble. He doesn’t want to sit on the bench. We saw this in New Orleans, and we know that Gruden anticipated it being an issue here last year (hence, inactivating him week one last year when Guice was going to be the feature guy). We also know that both Minnesota and Arizona let him walk instead of keeping him around to be a part-time player. 

I think the big takeaway here is that they’re really serious about having RBs who are multiple, in that they can catch passes out of the backfield and probably even motion out wide and threaten LBs/safeties. That’s not just going to be a piece of what they do — as a supplement to a traditional, Peterson-style run game — that’s going to be the primary concept. 

Everyone is pointing to Gibson and thinking this is about him, and I hope it is. But I also think they absolutely love JD McKissic, and I think we’re going to see him on the field more than a lot of folks think.

Very true, I think they love McKissic too. It’s about both guys.