2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

Can any of you tell me anything about Hamilcar Rashed, Edge from Oregon State? I stumbled on some of his 2019 tape and he flashes serious pass rush potential. He had 14 sacks in 2019, then 0 in 2020. What happened here? His 2019 tape he looks like he’d be a 2nd day pick and a great fit in Quinn’s LEO role behind Gregory. 2020, not so much. 

im very curious on how teams are going to evaluate players like Rashed and even Marvin Wilson. Guys who’s 19 tape shows a borderline game changer to the 20 tape which shows a mid to late round jag.

1 hour ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

Can any of you tell me anything about Hamilcar Rashed, Edge from Oregon State? I stumbled on some of his 2019 tape and he flashes serious pass rush potential. He had 14 sacks in 2019, then 0 in 2020. What happened here? His 2019 tape he looks like he’d be a 2nd day pick and a great fit in Quinn’s LEO role behind Gregory. 2020, not so much. 

im very curious on how teams are going to evaluate players like Rashed and even Marvin Wilson. Guys who’s 19 tape shows a borderline game changer to the 20 tape which shows a mid to late round jag.

From what I can tell it's a combination of bad weight gain, injuries and according to some, a lack of interest. 

15 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Certainly possible the way they are juicing the times this year.

Pitts is about as special as they come. But he’s not quite Megatron special.

That’s a difficult bar to reach as it is. But, if he’s viewed as the (potentially) best TE prospect to ever enter the draft, that still may be too much to pass on. You know my position on situations like this: take the BPA, and never second guess yourself if he’s a potential all-timer. Never allow another team to get better at your own expense.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

From what I can tell it's a combination of bad weight gain, injuries and according to some, a lack of interest. 

I didn’t watch any Oregon State games this season, but I’d also ask if there was a scheme or position change for him. Drop-offs like that are really weird.

2 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

That’s a difficult bar to reach as it is. But, if he’s viewed as the (potentially) best TE prospect to ever enter the draft, that still may be too much to pass on. You know my position on situations like this: take the BPA, and never second guess yourself if he’s a potential all-timer. Never allow another team to get better at your own expense.

Totally agree. Falling short of the Megatron bar is not the same as falling short of the "sprint to the podium at #10" bar.

2 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I didn’t watch any Oregon State games this season, but I’d also ask if there was a scheme or position change for him. Drop-offs like that are really weird.

This is all something to consider with all the opt-out guys. How many players are considered top-15 guys, only to play another season and fall off a cliff? Marvin Wilson and Shaun Wade probably wish they had opted out. Which one of these opt outs being looked at in the 1st round would be 4th rounders if they had played?

• Like 1

Yikes

For a guy that is:
-Undersized    
-24 years old   
-Super raw at LB
-Didn’t have a great Senior Bowl week

That is really weak, especially with 40 times seemingly being juiced this year.

I predict Surratt will go round 5 or later. Bummer, I had some high hopes when I first started digging in a month ago.