The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Rod is a good coach. Fans here wanted him to work miracles. A good coach can take a B player and make him a B+. He had a Dline full of C to C- talents. There isn't much you can do there

that and he didnt have a real offseason to really get his hands on guys. 

On 9/21/2021 at 11:23 AM, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’ll say this I’m really liking what I’m seeing from nassib the savage. Maybe coming out really helped him. Maybe I was wrong about it not being a big deal. 

It depends on the media. If they Sam'd it, then it's a distraction but his teammates DGAF so he's feeling accepted so he can focus on playing. Once playoffs arrive I'm sure if were in it, it will become a media darling but there's been many who hadn't said anything and we've got Ritchie who gets most people use to insults so....Team is numb lol 

I had a good friend who got me into 2 Pac and explained why some words shouldn't be used by some people. He told me how he heard specific words used to hurt him as a kid/young adult growing up. When I saw the pain and understood what he went through I stopped singing and even stopped referencing it at all. Sometimes you just need to have the right people in life explain the pain and suffering they experienced to completely change. I was lucky to have a good friend willing to speak openly and honestly. I think most people really just need to expand their world/environment/friendships and understand what another experiences to make it a better place for all. 

However we always need to keep in mind that not everybody can accept 'change' as quickly as others and instead of cancelling/condeming them we should hope to expand their minds by showing a better way to live. Give a model of a better way that makes them want to see things from a different perspective than they had before. I think that's what pisses me off about SJW/Woke stuff. They just seem to want to force it down other's throats instead of living a better example of how things 'could be' to inspire change. Oh well maybe I need to learn more myself.  😃

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Cracks me up... Carr went from miserably spraying the ball all over the field. And forcing it to Waller unsuccessfully against the Ravens to the MVP conversation in the media in basically 6 quarters  

I don't think anyone here is thinking that. You did say you already think he hit his peak and he is outplaying himself from last year though 😎.

I actually think him not having a good OL is a good test of his pocket awareness and can force him to become a better passer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don't think anyone here is thinking that. You did say you already think he hit his peak and he is outplaying himself from last year though 😎.

I actually think him not having a good OL is a good test of his pocket awareness and can force him to become a better passer.

I'm enjoying all of it.  I would like for our OL to get healthy and our running game to get going, but the fact that DC just carried us to two wins against the Steelers and Ravens just speaks volumes.  The guy really got the job done.  I think we're about to see the best version of DC ever and I believe it's going to be because he's now in the same system for the fourth year and we might have a legit defense this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

I'm enjoying all of it.  I would like for our OL to get healthy and our running game to get going, but the fact that DC just carried us to two wins against the Steelers and Ravens just speaks volumes.  The guy really got the job done.  I think we're about to see the best version of DC ever and I believe it's going to be because he's now in the same system for the fourth year and we might have a legit defense this year.

I feel the same way. He needs to be a top 10 passer for us to extend him and he’s playing like it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's been great to see and hopefully he's turned that corner. My problem with Carr over the years is once pressured he seems shrinks in games. He's doing more with less right now and you love to see it. Now it has to stay consistent. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Cant see Carr actually winning MVP this season. Even if he keeps it up, itll go to Brady or Murray most likely. 
But that is fine. Hopefully he has a solid season start to finish, and maybe gets us a playoff win or 2. 
That is the goal for this team. A post season run. 

He'll have to step up the TD production for a chance at MVP.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He'll have to step up the TD production for a chance at MVP.

yea and I have my doubts there. No doubt, he will have a few 3-4 TD games, but, no way he would be a TD leader. 
-We want to run the ball in the redzone too much. 
-Have shown a number of redzone problems in past years. (signs showing again this year)
-Could see Mariota getting redzone packages when healthy. 

but that doesnt bother me. As long as Carr has us in position to win a lot of games he will be my MVP ❤️ lol

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Cant see Carr actually winning MVP this season. Even if he keeps it up, itll go to Brady or Murray most likely. 
But that is fine. Hopefully he has a solid season start to finish, and maybe gets us a playoff win or 2. 
That is the goal for this team. A post season run. 

The fact that carr is legit in the mvp convo tho is a great achievement 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

but DC needs elite protection to be successful, and doesnt throw down field