2020 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

8 hours ago, NJC33 said:

According to Gase, Perine isn't playing because they don't want to stunt his growth... Incredible.

Gore, meanwhile, is arguably the least efficient running back currently eligible & getting 9 carries to Bells 13. Whatever the thought process is there, it's maddening.

When Perine is in he's almost always touching the ball for a carry. If he's in on passing downs he has to prove he can pass pro, pick up blitzes, etc...it is possible that is something he's struggling with. We wont know until he's on the field however.

10 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

When Perine is in he's almost always touching the ball for a carry. If he's in on passing downs he has to prove he can pass pro, pick up blitzes, etc...it is possible that is something he's struggling with. We wont know until he's on the field however.

Maybe but it certain didnt stop Gase from throwing Ballage out there as he was getting blown up in pass pro snap after snap. Let the kid take his lumps. Old man Gore needs to see less time. We need to see what we have in Perine or RB could be a day two option for us. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

Maybe but it certain didnt stop Gase from throwing Ballage out there as he was getting blown up in pass pro snap after snap. Let the kid take his lumps. Old man Gore needs to see less time. We need to see what we have in Perine or RB could be a day two option for us. 

Ballage was cut after that game.

I think Perine playing shouldn't stop us from drafting another running back. I want Etienne.

15 hours ago, NJC33 said:

I think it's far more likely that his catch % is a reflection of how he's being used: Avg depth per target this year is 9.5 yards, or about 6 yards less than it was last season. He's been given the opportunity to show he's more than a 'one trick pony' & so far he's proving Gase, Douglas and (to be fair) most of this board wrong.

So I watched an interview with Brady about how he's using Robby on shallow crossing routes and basically his thought was that its no more different than a streak its just working horizontally instead of vertically. Another thing is it has more opportunity to work open since it forces a Corner to chase, he might not be open in the middle of the field but towards the boundary there will be a chance depending on the coverage.

Conceptually what I've noticed in his approach is the goal to force the defense to defend the entire field and all 5 options in the passing game. We max pro or block 6 a lot more than most of us like leaving our weapons to beat not only their man but the help due to teams dropping 7 vs our 3 or 4.

11 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Ballage was cut after that game.

I think Perine playing shouldn't stop us from drafting another running back. I want Etienne.

LOL that is who I have the Jets taking

1st overall pick is T Law

second 1st round pick is Etienne. 

This would work out great because they have played together for 3 years already and know what they can do. I'm just wondering if Dabo Swinney will be the next HC too. I think the OL is not that bad. I think we are set at the T spots and might use an up grade at G. The C spot is not that bad either. I don't think we should waste a top 3 or 4 round pick on OL. 

37 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

LOL that is who I have the Jets taking

1st overall pick is T Law

second 1st round pick is Etienne. 

This would work out great because they have played together for 3 years already and know what they can do. I'm just wondering if Dabo Swinney will be the next HC too. I think the OL is not that bad. I think we are set at the T spots and might use an up grade at G. The C spot is not that bad either. I don't think we should waste a top 3 or 4 round pick on OL. 

Dabo isnt leaving Clemson unless he has power. And with us having a GM that got a 6 year deal. No HC is getting control. Our next HC will be exactly that... just a HC. So the big NCAA names that want power are eliminated from our job. We will end up with some Coordinator in the NFL. Which is ok, if we get the right guy. But I have 0 confidence in that.