NFL General Discussion

candyman93

Just now, candyman93 said:

QBs in college are getting better. They went through a brutal stretch due to spread offenses arriving and teams placing more value on athleticism than actually playing QB.

You will see teams cycle through QBs more and more.

If more was better you think we’d have found someone decent the last 35 years.

CWIc10rWIAAVFpE.jpg:large 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

NY Jets fans are already talking about  replacing Sam Darnold with Trevor Lawrence. 

After Josh Rosen was given up on after one year of being a top 10 pick, I honestly think teams will have shorter leashes on QB's if a better prospect is available.

Peace!!!

Well you are no longer giving them those massive 1st rd contracts. Before you had to stick with them to just see if maybe it works out.  No with the rookie pay scale, all your really losing is the draft capital you sunk into them. 

10 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Well you are no longer giving them those massive 1st rd contracts. Before you had to stick with them to just see if maybe it works out.  No with the rookie pay scale, all your really losing is the draft capital you sunk into them. 

Totally agree with this. The only problem for the Eagles is that they gave Wentz a big contract and after doing that, they draft QB Jalen Hurts in the "2nd" round. That doesn't sound like a huge vote of confidence for your star QB.

Like you said though,  without the massive contracts rookie QB's used to get, it's way easier for teams to dump them if they are not producing quickly.

Peace!!!

9 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Totally agree with this. The only problem for the Eagles is that they gave Wentz a big contract and after doing that, they draft QB Jalen Hurts in the "2nd" round. That doesn't sound like a huge vote of confidence for your star QB.

Like you said though,  without the massive contracts rookie QB's used to get, it's way easier for teams to dump them if they are not producing quickly.

Peace!!!

Wentz contract is nothing. It’s like 20M a year. That’s basically what a 5th year option is on a first overall pick. Hurts was drafted high because Wentz has had injury issues. The eagles won a super bowl with their backup a few years ago. They understand the importance of a good backup. I don’t think it has anything to do with Wentz as a player. I don’t understand the sudden Wentz hate this year. 

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Wentz contract is nothing. It’s like 20M a year. That’s basically what a 5th year option is on a first overall pick. Hurts was drafted high because Wentz has had injury issues. The eagles won a super bowl with their backup a few years ago. They understand the importance of a good backup. I don’t think it has anything to do with Wentz as a player. I don’t understand the sudden Wentz hate this year. 

58% completions, 2 TD/4 picks.

obv small sample size, but no bueno either way.

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

58% completions, 2 TD/4 picks.

obv small sample size, but no bueno either way.

Right small sample size. He was good last year. It’s not like he’s a fluke one year QB or 40 like brees or Brady. Just seems premature for people to bash him. It’s not just this form it’s all over. I know Philly fans are tough and vocal online but give Wentz some time he’ll be fine. Maybe Frank Reich was really the brains behind that offense and not Doug Peterson. He hasn’t looked the same since. 

Edited by sdrawkcab321

12 hours ago, cortes02 said:

NY Jets fans are already talking about  replacing Sam Darnold with Trevor Lawrence. 

After Josh Rosen was given up on after one year of being a top 10 pick, I honestly think teams will have shorter leashes on QB's if a better prospect is available.

Peace!!!

I was hoping that we would have grabbed him when he got cut by Miami.....I wanted to see him sit and learn from Case Kenum....maybe develop an asset to trade down the road. Or options if we had injuries.

• Like 1