Should we expect a win against the ravens?

sonny44

15 hours ago, sonny44 said:

New coaches, new systems, new players, realistically what are our chances this weekend?

Don't forget first time OL playing together against a vet DL.

We do not have a snowball's chance in hell if the OL can't open holes for Chubb and Hunt, and protect Mayfield.

If the OL is up to challenge, we can win with O, along with some unexpected success on D (e.g., Takitaki/Phillips containing Jackson).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, buno67 said:

It all comes down to the DL. If the interior can create that pressure, especially with Yanda gone, it’s possible. Force him to break contain earlier so OV or Garrett can get to him. The worst is him breaking the pocket late while the DEs are already way to up field. 

last year the defense held its owns against the Ravens and it wasn’t because of our LB play either. 

it comes down really to the offense Being able to put pressure on the ravens and force them to pass the ball. Gotta make Jackson beat you with his arm. 

biggest thing is the browns need to score on their first two drives. ravens have no idea what to expect from the offense and have no idea who will call plays, so it’s a tad bit harder for them to prepare for it. Gotta take advantage of it early, while they try and adjust for them. 

the training camp sessions that were aired. Showed no two back sets with Hunt and chubb. That better be our first set for the  opening drive. Let’s see Chubb Hunt OBJ Hooper Bryant to start the season and go tempo. Gotta steal those points early. To me that’s are only chance

Our defensive line would have to absolutely dominate, and after they spend the afternoon dealing with runs up the gut and chasing Lamar Jackson around, I don't think they'll be able to do that for 4 quarters.

I agree with our offense being key part, but I don't think if we go up a couple scores in the first half that Harbaugh would make the mistake of trying to pass the ball too much.  Probably just keep running it, dink and dunk to the TE, and wait for our offense to stall out or Baker to make mistakes. 

Key in my opinion is our offense moving the ball on them the entire game and keeping their offense (and our defense) off the field.  I don't think it will be in sync enough to really do that.

But it's the NFL anything could happen.

Edited by Rod Johnson

57 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I agree with our offense being key part, but I don't think if we go up a couple scores in the first half that Harbaugh would make the mistake of trying to pass the ball too much.  Probably just keep running it, dink and dunk to the TE, and wait for our offense to stall out or Baker to make mistakes. 

Key in my opinion is our offense moving the ball on them the entire game and keeping their offense (and our defense) off the field.  I don't think it will be in sync enough to really do that.

But it's the NFL anything could happen.

no but the browns can not find themselves in the hole. You gotta score early and put pressure on them. Especially if a mistake is made and things potentially could snow ball. Just the first two drives will prolly be the best looks they see all day. So you have to take advantage of that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

no but the browns can not find themselves in the hole. You gotta score early and put pressure on them. Especially if a mistake is made and things potentially could snow ball. Just the first two drives will prolly be the best looks they see all day. So you have to take advantage of that. 

Ok I agree, it would be pretty bad to go down early to the Ravens. 

The prisoner of the moment fan version of me predicted 26-23 Browns.

But the logic side of me picked the Ravens to win when I did the season record prediction. In a nutshell, gun to my head I'm picking the Ravens to win but I think the Browns CAN win and should make it competitive.