College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

8 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I disagree. Rodgers had already received multiple lucrative extensions. He had already won a SB, and MVP's. He could have retired and still been considered one of the best ever. Baker is in the last year of his rookie deal, his value isn't on the ascend. If we don't want to trade him, him holding out now won't attract better offers that we will accept, and it won't help him get out if he really wants out. 

Also I want to call something out. In your first response you stated his pride is wounded and the team already stated they want him back but he wants out. In your most recent response, you reference Mortensen's "adult" comment and then mention Baker's emotional responses. So why is it okay for someone in the organization to share that alleged quote with a reporter, but then to be critical of Baker for him responding to it how he has? If Baker's persona is that bad, why do we want him back? Why would Seattle or Indy be rumored to be interested in him if he has "adult" issues? Better yet, we have concern with BM and those alleged issues, but we are more than willing to trade 3+ first round picks for a guy that 1. May be suspended for a lengthy timeframe this coming season 2. Was accused by 22 women of sexual assault 3. May have in fact sexually assaulted 22 women 4. If he didn't assault the women, put himself in a position where he could be accused of such by engaging in sexual activity with 22 women he paid to provide standard massage services to him? That sounds like a guy that makes excellent decisions. He also sounds like the person I want as the face of my franchise. Which one of those two has the bigger "adult" issues? 

Watson has thrown for 30+ touchdowns once in his career, and topped 4k yards passing 2x (4165 in 2018 and 4823 in 2020). 28-25 record, 1 playoff victory. Baker had 3725 as a rookie only starting 13 games and finished with 27 passing touchdowns. Was all of this really worth it for him? 

I mean I was openly not into the Watson thing either but go off I guess lol

3 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I mean I was openly not into the Watson thing either but go off I guess lol

My response wasn't about you being openly into the Watson thing. It was about how someone inside the organization could make a claim that they were looking for an adult to play QB, and the guy they chased after was arguably the least adult like QB they could have sought out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cortes02 said:

Is it more likely now that the Browns go after defense with their 2nd round pick now that Watson is on the team?  Do they trade down some to get more draft capital in the future?

Peace!!!

I think we go receiver still. Thats second round is gonna be nasty 

I honestly could see up trading up for Jameson Williams now. As I'm typing this is makes so much sense. We're gonna have to wait some weeks for Deshaun anyway. Allow Jameson to rehab and come back. Man that'd be a crazy combo. 

14 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Thought..how much do you think Hunts ability to turn it around with a second a chance and become a active member in the community influenced the Browns decision to go all in with Watson

Let’s not compare these situations.

They went after Watson because football, not community 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Thought..how much do you think Hunts ability to turn it around with a second a chance and become a active member in the community influenced the Browns decision to go all in with Watson

I think they were more influenced by Malik McDowell in making this decision

42 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Let’s not compare these situations.

They went after Watson because football, not community 

Of course they did.

But Dee Haslam is big into player behavioral rehabilitation.

Don't be so sure that is not a part of the puzzle.

I mean, they have to have discussed it with and been assured that Watson was all in, don't you think?