College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

20 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We’ve met with multiple RBs it seems.

Gotta wonder if they look to move Kareem after the draft to clear up cap space/add pick for the future?

Hunt has some trade value, good contract. I'd Male him the sweetener in a Baker trade

Seattle has an injured runningback. 

Trade Hunt and Baker to seattle for a 4th and we get like 14 million in cap relief, while we keep paying 4 million for Baker.  

We not trading Hunt. 

y’all thoughts are so funny man 

we just doing background in case one of them falls super late or becomes a UDFA we’ve already got them in the building. We’ve done that before I remember we did it with one dude from Texas AM a few years ago. I can’t remember who, but you bring them in to make an impression so they’ll be more likely to sign as an UDFA

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

We not trading Hunt. 

we just doing background in case one of them falls super late or becomes a UDFA we’ve already got them in the building. We’ve done that before I remember we did it with one dude from Texas AM a few years ago. I can’t remember who, but you bring them in to make an impression so they’ll be more likely to sign as an UDFA

A running back with a brain cell isnt coming here. None of them are displacing Hunt or Chubb. 

Johnson isnt getting an extension from another team.

45 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

A running back with a brain cell isnt coming here. None of them are displacing Hunt or Chubb. 

Johnson isnt getting an extension from another team.

But that’s why you bring them in 

to explain in person how this is Hunts last year. 

I’ll say this. Unless we get a 2nd we’re not trading Kareem. You get a 2nd then do it 

• Like 2

Looking at the draft as a whole and other teams:

Detroit really needs to draft a QB in round 1. It doesn’t need to be pick #2.

The Lions regime doesn’t understand how this league works, if you don’t have a QB, that clock starts ticking.

Matt Nagy also showed that you can’t just draft a QB during your lame duck year. He F’d around and found out. You need a young guy that you can develop quickly.

Edited by candyman93

16 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Trade Hunt and Baker to seattle for a 4th and we get like 14 million in cap relief, while we keep paying 4 million for Baker.  

200.gif

So you want to trade a Starting QB AND a former NFL rushing champion on a team friendly contract.....AND keep paying the QB's contract.....for a 4th.....LMAO

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah I’d be salty If that’s all we got out of that.

Not sure I’d trade Hunt for a 4 tbh, let alone he and Baker.

EXACTLY what I was thinking......I'd want at least a 3rd and a Conditional pick the following year based off rushing totals (5th, upgradable to a 2nd if he finished top 3 in the NFL in rushing) for Hunt alone right now.

• Like 2

WE ARE GOING TO WAIT TILL SOMEONE GETS DESPERATE 

As much as everyone wants this to get done soon. Its not. Andrew Berry is composed he's not going to let the current market force him to no get the proper return on his asset. 

It'll be uncomfortable for you guys, but he doesn't care. Some QB is going to go down and then Baker will be right there. You guys are going to look back at it, and what we get for Baker will be the opposite of this current situation. 

Dont be shortsighted 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, brownie man said:

WE ARE GOING TO WAIT TILL SOMEONE GETS DESPERATE 

As much as everyone wants this to get done soon. Its not. Andrew Berry is composed he's not going to let the current market force him to no get the proper return on his asset. 

It'll be uncomfortable for you guys, but he doesn't care. Some QB is going to go down and then Baker will be right there. You guys are going to look back at it, and what we get for Baker will be the opposite of this current situation. 

Dont be shortsighted 

Yeah there’s no incentive to make a deal now.  Maybe after the draft, maybe during camp, but not now.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, brownie man said:

We not trading Hunt. 

I wonder why so many folks are so enamored with this idea....with the Watson trade, for all that, NOW its SB or bust type of pressure being brought in, with Hunt, we have insurance in the backfield, we also have the potential to have 2 1000 yards rushers in the same backfield in the same year.....now I know a lot of folks wants to unwrap the new shinny toy's and throw the ball 1M times....but remember...John Elway did not get his first SB win until Terrell Davis came there....I have 3 more analogies like this, but with the excellent posting in here, there is currently enough content.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I wonder why so many folks are so enamored with this idea....with the Watson trade, for all that, NOW its SB or bust type of pressure being brought in, with Hunt, we have insurance in the backfield, we also have the potential to have 2 1000 yards rushers in the same backfield in the same year.....now I know a lot of folks wants to unwrap the new shinny toy's and throw the ball 1M times....but remember...John Elway did not get his first SB win until Terrell Davis came there....I have 3 more analogies like this, but with the excellent posting in here, there is currently enough content.

I think the upside is you’d recoup some lost picks as well as gain cap space to help the team perhaps more than a really good backup RB who is almost assuredly gone after the season would.

If we get “our guy” on draft day, can make good use of the 7 million and add a day 2 pick in 2023 I’d have to consider it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think the upside is you’d recoup some lost picks as well as gain cap space to help the team perhaps more than a really good backup RB who is almost assuredly gone after the season would.

If we get “our guy” on draft day, can make good use of the 7 million and add a day 2 pick in 2023 I’d have to consider it.

I understand and respect what your saying. For me...its ALL HANDS on DECK, with a Trade of this magnitude, its all hands on deck, we need to be adding more players, like the Ram's did, Salary Cap be Damned at this point....and ride out getting our extra picks by letting the Hunt's and Landry's walk and getting the Compensatory picks for them. As well as I think with the development on our coaching staff AND in the Front office, I could see us getting more picks that way also.

Also hopefully with the cap scheduled to go up Significantly because the new TV deal kicks in in 2023.....its time to load up the guns.....damn picks and salary cap, this move MUST produce a SB WIN in the next 2-3 seasons....or we did it all for nothing IMO.

giphy.gif

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

200.gif

So you want to trade a Starting QB AND a former NFL rushing champion on a team friendly contract.....AND keep paying the QB's contract.....for a 4th.....LMAO

Just trying to think of what could happen to get Baker off the books. 

The idea was Hunt is the sweetener in the trade. 

Between the two you clear like 18 million in cap