Defensive rookie of the year so far?

Blackstar12

I personally think it's Lattimore, but he probably won't have the flashy stats like White and Garrett will have at the end of the season.

If you're going off of just performance and what the player has done for their team then it's obviously Lattimore, but I think someone else will probably win it.

On 10/22/2017 at 8:32 PM, The BILLievers said:

I can’t get over how good Tre’Davious White has been this year. Playing at an all pro level as a rookie.

he had the game winning force fumble and recovery today and also won us the Falcons game on his FR touchdown. 

He has one bad play all year (a touchdown allowed to AJ Green) but besides that he’s been phenomenal. 

Before this week, he only allowed 16 catches and 1 TD all year with a 77 rating against him. 

AFTER this week, Lattimore has only allowed 12 catches, 0 TDs with a 50.7 rating against him. Not taking away anything from White, who has also been great, but Lattimore has been more of a shutdown corner so far this year and has completely elevated the Saints historically bad defense

8 hours ago, saintsfan said:

AFTER this week, Lattimore has only allowed 12 catches, 0 TDs with a 50.7 rating against him. Not taking away anything from White, who has also been great, but Lattimore has been more of a shutdown corner so far this year and has completely elevated the Saints historically bad defense

Just out of curiosity how many targets does Lattimore have? I ask because the number could be skewed in Lattimores favor. During the first 6 weeks of the season teams were targetting White all game long... part of reason why White leads the NFL in passes defended. He was targetted just because he was a rookie and teams thought they had an advantage. I know that White was targetted 10 times during the Broncos game unsuccessfully however this past week Winston threw for 384 yards but only targetted White 3 times. Teams are starting to figure out not to throw to him. While in NO i think Lattimore hasnt been targetted against as much because he is on the Saints defense. There are a lot of holes on that defense and you dont have to try to pick on a rookie to have success like teams tried to do with Tre.

White i think is giving up more catches just because of pure number game. I think if we speak how lock down both these corners have been its been about even. 

16 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Just out of curiosity how many targets does Lattimore have? I ask because the number could be skewed in Lattimores favor. During the first 6 weeks of the season teams were targetting White all game long... part of reason why White leads the NFL in passes defended. He was targetted just because he was a rookie and teams thought they had an advantage. I know that White was targetted 10 times during the Broncos game unsuccessfully however this past week Winston threw for 384 yards but only targetted White 3 times. Teams are starting to figure out not to throw to him. While in NO i think Lattimore hasnt been targetted against as much because he is on the Saints defense. There are a lot of holes on that defense and you dont have to try to pick on a rookie to have success like teams tried to do with Tre.

White i think is giving up more catches just because of pure number game. I think if we speak how lock down both these corners have been its been about even. 

I believe Lattimore has been targeted 22 times in 6 games (White has played one more game because of Saints bye)

On 10/24/2017 at 9:39 AM, marshawn lynch said:

Ken Crawley has been playing great as well. I don't think this has anything to do with it. The Bills secondary isn't exactly containing teams either.

Lattimore is far and away the DPOY right now. He's playing at a prime Revis level right now.

2 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Ken Crawley has been playing great as well. I don't think this has anything to do with it. The Bills secondary isn't exactly containing teams either.

Lattimore is far and away the DPOY right now. He's playing at a prime Revis level right now.

White's been playing at a pro bowl / boarderline All pro level so for you to say that he must be the best CB in NFL right now?? Good for him if true, im hoping a CB wins ROTY because like someone else said im sick of it going to LB's and lineman lol.

2 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

If Lattimore is far and away better than Tre'Davious White right now that must mean Lattimore is playing some of the best cornerbacking anyone has ever seen.

White's been playing at a pro bowl / boarderline All pro level so for you to say that he must be the best CB in NFL right now?? Good for him if true, im hoping a CB wins ROTY because like someone else said im sick of it going to LB's and lineman lol.

Lattimore is playing at a prime Revis level so yeah, its been pretty insane.

3 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Far and away? No. They are 1a and 1b... neither are clear favorites.

And Bills secondary is a lot better than stats indicate. They are the true definition of bend but dont break. Teams have moved the ball to about the 50 yard line and stalled all year. Just our style of play. Our secondary is awesome... unfortnately our Linebackers are terrible in coverage. Brady will pick apart our defense all day with the underneath routes. 

1 hour ago, marshawn lynch said:

Far and away? No. They are 1a and 1b... neither are clear favorites.

And Bills secondary is a lot better than stats indicate. They are the true definition of bend but dont break. Teams have moved the ball to about the 50 yard line and stalled all year. Just our style of play. Our secondary is awesome... unfortnately our Linebackers are terrible in coverage. Brady will pick apart our defense all day with the underneath routes. 

The Saints pass defense has been much improved as well. Crawley and Lattimore grade out as the best CB duo in the league right now and Vaccaro has been playing great at safety, so the idea that teams aren't targeting Lattimore because the Saints pass defense sucks is just false.

They aren't 1a and 1b, I'm sorry. White has been great, Lattimore has been better. Lattimore is playing like the best CB in the league right now. Clear 1 and 2 though.

Archived