2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

2 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

I don't know where this Bowles rush narrative is come from. From what I remember they were zoning in on Quinn and the Falcons snagged him after a long process, ended up with Bowles after all those interviews.

Quinn's team was alive for playoff when Jets hired Bowles.   Quinn preferred Falcons, anyway.

2 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

I don't know where this Bowles rush narrative is come from. From what I remember they were zoning in on Quinn and the Falcons snagged him after a long process, ended up with Bowles after all those interviews.

Quinn was still in playoffs with Seattle. Bowles was coming to see us and then going to Atlanta. Jets didn't want to miss out on both because you couldn't agree to a deal with Quinn because he was obviously still in the playoffs so they didn't "let Bowles leave the building" and hired him. Falcons stayed patient and got Quinn, Shanahan and a few years of success. 

This doesn't mean Saleh will be Bowles for us but I think a little more patience and really going over every option more thoroughly is warranted. 

But thats just my opinion, I trust Joe.

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Thanks for digging that up. Jets liked Quinn but weren't confident he liked them back so they wrapped up Bowles as a second choice. Gotcha.

1 minute ago, Heymangold said:

I thought I just saw yesterday Carroll said he’d be back??!

Not sure but I think he's being scapegoated even those Staley shut his offense down their defense couldn't stop a QB with 1 thumb and they've drafted pretty poorly in key areas. They expect Russ to carry them with magical plays late in games and bit them in the end.