Week 2: Washington Football Team (1-0) @ Arizona Cardinals (1-0) 4 PM on FOX

MikeT14

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

Honestly......we dodged a bullet with Rivera over McCarthy.  He is not the coach that this team needed to revert from Club Jay. 

I’m not sure we were ever interested? I think if it wasn’t Rivera it would’ve been O’Connell or Bowles. Apparently Snyder loves Bowles. 

• Like 1

I'm gonna say this and leave it alone. It's freaking sad the lack of support Fans on this forum really have for the QB. If you truly know Football, you would comprehend all the BS thrown at Haskins oppose to other QB's yet Haskins has been a true Professional and has only gotten better. 

Hate all you want, surrounded buy talent we saw what he did at Ohio State. That tape doesn't lie nor the tape of last week in witch He lead the offense to 27 straight points! 

6 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

That, or they are still mentally trying to figure out their responsibilities.  

One would hope that if your job title is "safety," one would know that your job is "do whatever you can to stop a guy from getting behind you."

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

Should've been Stefanski or Bienemy.  O'Connell......it's just too early.  Bowles would have been a terrible choice.  Even worse than McCarthy. 

Oh I agree with all of that. I would’ve been totally fine with Bienemy. My major issue with the Rivera hire is the power he’s been given. 

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

And you never quit on those plays.  But we also know if he hits Claypool and he's out, the safety gets flagged.  

Play to the whistle.

But it was more the slow lope to get over there that I really objected to. You saw your corner had problems, get your *** over there and bail him out.

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

When healthy, which was extremely seldom, Jordan Reed was the best TE in football. As close to unstoppable at the position as you could get due to his route running and hands. He’s showing that again. Sigh. 

That's why you let a player get Healthy before just letting him go to another team and shine. 

They should've rework his contract oppose to releasing him. Especially with no one their to take his place. 

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

When healthy, which was extremely seldom, Jordan Reed was the best TE in football. As close to unstoppable at the position as you could get due to his route running and hands. He’s showing that again. Sigh. 

I wish him well, but I did not want him on the field in burgundy and gold again. Not because I didn't want him playing for Washington (a la Reuben Foster), but because I didn't want to have this team be the cause of him not being able to walk down the field or play with his kids in five to ten years time.

For the love of him as a human being, I'm glad that Washington released him. I wish the rest of the NFL had forced him to retire by not signing him, but he still wanted to play so there you are. You cannot stop someone who is willing to continually risk his life, but you don't have to facilitate their destruction.

• Like 1