What movie are you watching?

Forge

1 hour ago, theJ said:

The movie i'm currently watching is Rounders.

I don't know why i love it so much.  It's irrational.  But i'm not apologizing. 

Awesome movie!  It got me into poker way back in 1998 before the big poker boom started after Chris Moneymaker won the WSOP Main Event in 2003.  Teddy KGB is a very memorable character - "Mister SOB, let's play some cards.", and Gretchen Mol was her usual gorgeous self in it, so that was nice too.  :)

I'm watching Train to Busan.  It's one of the better zombie movies I've seen.  It's a foreign movie with subtitles, so that kept me from watching it for a long time, but since it's a zombie movie, everything is pretty much self-explanatory as it goes along anyway.  It has the fast-moving zombies, which I think are a lot scarier than the ones that just plod along like in The Walking Dead and a lot of other movies in the genre.  I'm about 2/3 of the way through and so far it has been very good.

Not a "movie", per se, but I've been watching a TON of (as you probably guessed, scathing) YouTube reviews of the new Black Christmas and it sounds like these are more entertaining than the actual movie based on everything I've read, including the ending, which reads of something you'd see in a slasher PARODY, not one that takes itself seriously, or really bad fanfiction, take your pick:

There's an evil cult of killers possessed by, I kid you not, BLACK GOO that teaches them to oppress women

You can't make this ish up. xD Besides the whole folly of being a PG-13 slasher movie, meaning it cuts away from anything that could've made the kills remotely interesting or given a smidge of a reason to care when somebody gets offed (seriously, how could that have helped them? Happy Death Day, this is not), the movie is apparently so explicitly sexist towards men that not only do they NOT try to hide it, they beat you over the head with its misandrist message all throughout the film.

Or at least that's what I've heard, you didn't think I'd waste my time or money on this trash, did you? Especially with the 3.0 IMDb, 30% RT audience score, D+ CinemaScore and 1.5/5 PosTrak.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Not a "movie", per se, but I've been watching a TON of (as you probably guessed, scathing) YouTube reviews of the new Black Christmas and it sounds like these are more entertaining than the actual movie based on everything I've read, including the ending, which reads of something you'd see in a slasher PARODY, not one that takes itself seriously, or really bad fanfiction, take your pick:

Hide contents

There's an evil cult of killers possessed by, I kid you not, BLACK GOO that teaches them to oppress women

You can't make this ish up. xD Besides the whole folly of being a PG-13 slasher movie, meaning it cuts away from anything that could've made the kills remotely interesting or given a smidge of a reason to care when somebody gets offed (seriously, how could that have helped them? Happy Death Day, this is not), the movie is apparently so explicitly sexist towards men that not only do they NOT try to hide it, they beat you over the head with its misandrist message all throughout the film.

Or at least that's what I've heard, you didn't think I'd waste my time or money on this trash, did you? Especially with the 3.0 IMDb, 30% RT audience score, D+ CinemaScore and 1.5/5 PosTrak.

Can confirm this is all true.

On 12/18/2019 at 8:25 PM, theJ said:

The movie i'm currently watching is Rounders.

I don't know why i love it so much.  It's irrational.  But i'm not apologizing. 

No apology needed. It's one of my top 5 favorites ever. I want a sequel but then again, I don't. I want more Mikey McDermott but it's been over 20 years. 

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

No apology needed. It's one of my top 5 favorites ever. I want a sequel but then again, I don't. I want more Mikey McDermott but it's been over 20 years. 

Honestly, that would make it even better.  Mike McD's lived his life and now 20 years later Worm is back for "reasons" and "things" happen, blah blah blah.  Not every sequel needs to be a direct follow up.