What movie are you watching?

Forge

6 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Forgot how many feels Almost Famous gives me. In my early 30's now and every time I watch that it brings back nostalgia from college. Watching that as a freshman half hippy gave me butterflies. Really made me lionize music.

One of my all time favorite movies.

Binged a few action flicks today. 

Rewatched and made it through all of Peppermint. Meh. Largely forgettable. Nothing bad, nothing great about it. It was just kind of there. Wholly predictable. 

Mile 22. It was kind of not great, but I will admit that there were some scenes that really caught my attention. Some really nice fight choreography with Iko Uwais, including the hospital bed scene. The action was fine, and it moved at a really good pace. The plot and the characters were all paper thin of course, and the attempt to layer out Wahlberg's character was kind of a joke, as it felt like they did that just to give him an excuse for being a jerk more than anything. Not sure how I felt about the ending. 

The Predator. Oh man, I don't even know. I'm torn between the fact that I'm pretty sure that I would watch, and likely enjoy, a movie focusing on the Loonies (thought that they had good chemistry together and the humor was in fact pretty good between them, particularly the type of humor that you would get with close friends, for example, "All we know is that Nebraska sucks at shooting things in the head"), and the fact that the end of this movie was a total clown show, and that the entire part of the movie dealing with the Predator in any way shape or form I just found to be bad. Sterling Brown I actually found to be a delightfully bondesque villain who just didn't get quite enough room to roam. Thought Brown did a good job though livening up that role. So obviously, I enjoyed parts of the movie with the Loonies, but then everything I was just kind of out on regarding the predator. Also, I don't know...the predator having an attitude...swagginess and the like....just seemed wrong to me. I guess I'm just not about giving the predator personality; find it actually detracts rather than enhances. Some of the kill scenes were pretty over the top silly as well.