What movie are you watching?

Forge

5 hours ago, Forge said:

I just watched triple frontier, so I suppose I'll give this a watch next. Haven't been all in on the bigger Netflix flicks as of yet. None have been super great. They all just seen mostly okay.

Let me know how they compare.  If Triple Frontier is at least as entertaining as Extraction, then i'll definitely give it a try.

7 hours ago, Forge said:

I just watched triple frontier, so I suppose I'll give this a watch next. Haven't been all in on the bigger Netflix flicks as of yet. None have been super great. They all just seen mostly okay.

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Let me know how they compare.  If Triple Frontier is at least as entertaining as Extraction, then i'll definitely give it a try.

I've seen both, and Triple Frontier is worth the watch as well. MUCH better story (IMO) and the action is still very good. I would say it's better than Extraction.

• Like 1

I have no idea how I completely missed the release of Honey Boy back in November, I never heard a peep about this movie somehow. Watched it on Amazon and its likely one of the best movies I have seen going in blind in my life. I had no idea how insane Shilo's childhood was. The writing and directing was phenomenal, Shilo was tremendous playing his abusive, troubled father. There is a therapy scene where Shilo plays his father and explains his life that so well captures the cycle of abusive parenting. 

IDK why a movie like A Star is Born gets just insane hype and this one sorta sneaks under the radar. I thought it was considerably better than the former. It seems like an Oscar chatter worthy picture. 

Also, IDK if there is an actor under 25 that has been in more quality movies in such a short time as Lucas Hedges. Kid is 23 and already been in this flick, Manchester by the Sea, Mid 90's, Lady Bird, 3 Billboards, two Wes Anderson flicks, Kill the Messenger, Boy Erased, etc. He could retire tomorrow and have a better body of work than most career actors. 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2020 at 5:52 AM, THE DUKE said:

It’s not as action packed but it’s much better. Better script and a good cast.  

2 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Underwater was fun. Absolutely preposterous, but fun. Certainly had vibes of the old hard R sci fy movies of the past. TJ Miller is apparently a jackass in real life, but god dambed is he the perfect fit as a comedic relief side character that dies at some point. 

Everyone enjoys seeing TJ Miller murdered in increasingly brutal situations

20 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Underwater was fun. Absolutely preposterous, but fun. Certainly had vibes of the old hard R sci fy movies of the past. TJ Miller is apparently a jackass in real life, but god dambed is he the perfect fit as a comedic relief side character that dies at some point. 

Yeah, since spoilers are out, watching Underwater up to and including the point Miller died had me thinking it was going to be a top 50 movie ever for me.  The tension and release up to that point was some of the best cosmic horror I've seen since... For a long time.  Then it completely fizzled out. 

There was a lot more subtlety to that movie than people give it credit for with hints of the oil company actually being a cult trying to raise Cthulu, but from the minute Miller died it turned into only okay creature feature.   I still thoroughly enjoyed it, but it could have been much, much, much, much, much better.