What movie are you watching?

Forge

Trial by Fire

Boy did that film piss me off to no end. Rick Perry is a scumbag, flat out. I did more reading on the case and there was no evidence that supported murder/arson and dude died because he was poor and a wife beater. The state of Texas is a flat out joke. 

John Henry

Easily one of the dumbest movies I have ever seen. Terrible acting by Terry Crews. Even worse acting by Ludacris as 'Hell'.

Thought maybe I would be a getting a good revenge movie. But I just a got a lesson in bad acting and terrible dialogue.

Its very simple, but The Vast of Night is a beautiful little film that revitalizes that childhood wonder of alien contact. Jake Horowitz was phenomenal as well. Dude doesnt even have a wiki page but put on one of the better performances I have seen recently. Its one of those out-of-nowhere performances that sorta blows you away, alot like Jim Cummings in Thunder Road. 

Edited by BroncosFan2010

15 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Grave of the Fireflies

I hadn’t seen this movie in over a decade and it is still hard to watch. I love it but regret watching it. Bums me out a lot.

Watched that movie once, and I am adamant ill never watch it again. Just do not want to endure the emotional destruction that movie caused. Im not really into feeling the feels on that level more than once.

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I have no idea what this is. Does it have anything to do with the Beatles?

It’s loosely based on Lisa Nowak the astronaut whose life spiraled out of control after she went to space.  I don’t know how closely it follows the actual story but it’s by Noah Hawley (Legion) so it gets pretty trippy.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

It’s loosely based on Lisa Nowak the astronaut whose life spiraled out of control after she went to space.  I don’t know how closely it follows the actual story but it’s by Noah Hawley (Legion) so it gets pretty trippy.

Oh damn, I know that story. I might check this out.

• Like 1