What movie are you watching?

Forge

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I hope you get stuck between two morbidly obese people who steal the arm rests and laugh all throughout the next Terrance Mallick movie you go to.

What kind of archaic theater do you go to and who the **** is Terrance Mallick? lol

Watched all the avengers movies again besides cap vs Ironman cause I forgot it was a thing. The first one kinda sucked, the second was worse, but Infinity War was really good and Endgame was great. I literally struggled not to cry in front of my kids. 

3 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Watched all the avengers movies again besides cap vs Ironman cause I forgot it was a thing. The first one kinda sucked, the second was worse, but Infinity War was really good and Endgame was great. I literally struggled not to cry in front of my kids. 

Thats a Captain America movie, not an Avengers movie. 

The Little Things was decent. Its the type of role Denzel just flourishes in, and he kills it. Leto was good as well. Rami is just so odd looking that its almost hard to take him seriously. He puckered lips look like a butthole that speaks. The story was pretty uninspiring but it sent a quality crime noire type tone and was worth a watch. I wanted it to be a poor mans Zodiac but it wasnt anything near that. 

• Like 1

image.jpg

So i've always heard mixed reviews on The Hateful Eight, and after seeing it, I entirely see why it's mixed. I think it's Quentin Tarentino at his most self indulgent, which is both good and bad when it comes to the final product.  Great fleshing out of the characters and their motivations, the score from Ennio Morricone was tremendous, and it is a beautifully shot movie.  However, you could easily carve an hour out of that movie and barely lose anything.  You could probably take 40 minutes out of the first hour.  The story itself isn't QT at his best either, and while the characterization is good, the characters themselves a little too over the top, even by Tarentino standards.  Overall, this is a bottom half Tarentino movie for me, but i'd still have it above Jackie Brown, which I never cared for.

B-

1. Pulp Fiction
  2. Resevoir Dogs
  3. Kill Bill: Vol 1
  4. Inglourious Basterds
  5. Kill Bill: Vol 2
  6. Django Unchained
  7. The Hateful Eight
  8. Jackie Brown

Haven't seen Death Proof or Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, but I think I am going to watch the latter in the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1

ford-v-ferrari-ii-1-e1574704106983.jpg

Ford v Ferrari was a solid movie, but I definitely think it was a bit over hyped.  Bale was the best part of the movie and he just breathes life into a character like few other in Hollywood do, and his was definitely the juicier part of the two.  Damon was fine as Shelby, but he wasn't anything particularly great either.  I was more impressed with how well Josh Lucas showed out playing that big of a tool.  Good story, and the racing scenes were done fairly well.  This told a more grounded story than Rush did, but I think I prefer Rush to this as a racing movie.

B/B+

Watched the Porkys Trilogy yesterday 

Porkys- still a great film that holds up and I never get sick off. Has the greatest comedy scene ever IMO.

Porkys 2 is an ok film that has yet another great scene that references a scene from the 1st one.

Porkys 3 is an average film that didn’t need to be made at all

On 2/3/2021 at 8:36 PM, BroncosFan2010 said:

The Little Things was decent. Its the type of role Denzel just flourishes in, and he kills it. Leto was good as well. Rami is just so odd looking that its almost hard to take him seriously. He puckered lips look like a butthole that speaks. The story was pretty uninspiring but it sent a quality crime noire type tone and was worth a watch. I wanted it to be a poor mans Zodiac but it wasnt anything near that. 

Watched it last night and I thoroughly enjoyed it. But my critique of movies during this pandemic is forgiving. Denzel and Leto were phenomenal, and while Rami is a great actor I'm always going to see him now as Freddy Mercury so I found that distracting. Storywise it wasn't very deep or mind blowing. But... spoiler

The way it ended was interesting to me. Denzel essentially "paying it forward" to Rami for a grave mistake that he also once made. The notion of "the little things" and "no angels" he was trying to save Rami from his own haunting as Flo tried to do for him. I guess I'm just disappointed we never found out who the actual killer was.

On 2/3/2021 at 8:36 PM, BroncosFan2010 said:

The Little Things was decent. Its the type of role Denzel just flourishes in, and he kills it. Leto was good as well. Rami is just so odd looking that its almost hard to take him seriously. He puckered lips look like a butthole that speaks. 

My buddy said Malik has the best male resting b face in Hollywood.

• Like 1