What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 2/9/2018 at 1:03 PM, HorizontoZenith said:

I am going to watch The Ritual on Netflix tonight.  I've been looking forward to this one for a while ever since I read the book synopsis and found out it was being turned into a movie.  I held off on reading the book because I think it's always better to watch the movie first. 

Edit:

It was really effing good. 

Was going to watch that today but decided to catch up on The Grand Tour. Going to have to give The Ritual a go tomorrow me thinks. 

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:11 AM, DingoLadd said:

It's been a while since I've seen that, but McAvoy was fantastic in that movie.

McAvoy is damn good in Trance too.

Watched The Accountant last night.  It had all the pieces to be a great movie, but was only a good movie.  Some poor editing and a couple weak spots in the writing in the middle took it down a notch.  That said, I'd be all in for a sequel.

12 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

The pre-game speech by Al Pacino still gives me goosebumps.

i really don't know why everyone sees that as such a great speech. seemed pretty Hollywood driven to me.

But Jim Brown at halftime telling his guys, "we made this really simple because you guys are so stupid" was great!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i really don't know why everyone sees that as such a great speech. seemed pretty Hollywood driven to me.

But Jim Brown at halftime telling his guys, "we made this really simple because you guys are so stupid" was great!

The speech itself wasn't special, it's the delivery. Pacino sold it; It wasn't "I'm just getting waaaarmed up," good, but he pitched the heck out of it. 

I loved Jim Brown as well. 

"Calm down coach, you're gonna have a stroke!"

"I don't get strokes, I give 'em!"

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

The speech itself wasn't special, it's the delivery. Pacino sold it; It wasn't "I'm just getting waaaarmed up," good, but he pitched the heck out of it. 

other than, the film editing of that speech had a mistake they let go through, which sorry to say detracted from it for me. 

there's a player standing behind Pacino while he delivers part of it, but isn't there for other parts, and is crouching down to the floor in other takes. sloppy film work....

but yeah, a great line is... "life is a game of inches. and the inches we need are all around us."

13 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

but yeah, a great line is... "life is a game of inches. and the inches we need are all around us."

On this team...we fight for that inch. On this team... we tear ourselves, and everyone around us to PIECES for that inch! We CLAW with our FINGERNAILS for that inch! Cause we know, when we add up all those inches, that's going to make the (eff) difference between WINNING and LOSING! Between LIVING and DYING!

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

another great thing about Any Given Sunday is all the opposing coaches during the games are played by ex football greats. Butkus, Johnny Unitas, YA Tittle, Warren Moon...

A few players made cameos, too. Terrell Owens was the #2 WR across from Bill Bellamy, Ricky Watters was a RB for Dallas - heck, the house that Dennis Quaid's character lived in was Dan Marino's actual house.

4 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Saw Full Metal jacket for the first. Movie wasn't what I was expecting but it was good. Have to get use to the change of pace between boot camp and after but I enjoyed it.

Would have been a  super mediocre movie had R Lee Emery not have forced his way into being into the movie by being so awesome.