What movie are you watching?

Forge

Just watched The Darkest Hour.  That might be a 10/10 movie right there.  I'll have to watch it again in a year or so to see how it holds up, but I don't see how that movie ever goes lower than 9/10 for me.  I don't see how any movie about a romance between a woman and a fish person could possibly be better than that.  Easily the best biopic I've ever seen.  Ever. 

My two favorite actors sharing multiple scenes together.  The role Gary Oldman finally got his due on.  Incredible story of faith and determination and perseverance against all odds. 

I thought it was going to be a snoozefest.  It was far from that.  It was engaging, hilarious in some parts, intense, interesting...

Very easily my favorite movie of 2017 at this point.  I still have a lot to see, but it's been a very long time since a movie has impressed me the way The Darkest Hour just did. 

Just now, carl_sjunior said:

Here's the thing about Netflix..

It should be better and have more on it. There are so many things I want to watch, and none of them seem to be on Netflix right now. 

Hulu is robbing them blind in terms of quality shows leaving. 

Why do you think Netflix is making so many of their own shows and movies?  One thing Netflix has above any of the other streaming services is their production quality when it comes to what they produce.  Amazon doesn't come close.  Hulu doesn't come close.  None of the others come close. 

Edited by HorizontoZenith
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Why do you think Netflix is making so many of their own shows and movies?  One thing Netflix has above any of the other streaming services is their production quality when it comes to what they produce.  Amazon doesn't come close.  Hulu doesn't come close.  None of the others come close. 

Oh I know, I'm not knocking that. Their own productions are pretty good, but I have kind of run out of things that I am interested in. I find myself rewatching stuff or like, watching Joel McHale or Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee... Not stuff with a lot of longevity or episodes, just stuff to pass time. 

I haven't been excited about something Netflix has done since Stranger Things. I have watched other stuff, Mindhunters was decent, but I just don't usually get so hype with what Netflix does. 

I went into Arrival thinking it was going to suck because a work friend said it was terrible but it was really good. I really only had a problem with Forrest Whittaker but that's cause his stupid eye drives me up the ******* wall and I wish he would just stop being in movies altogether.