What movie are you watching?

Forge

Just now, carl_sjunior said:

Haven't seen it but I know Aliens is the sequel that is way more action packed. I just was expecting a lot from both and Alien is booty.

You watched the movie for the first time nearly 40 years after it was released.  Every single alien movie you have ever seen in your life made after that movie owes itself in some way, even if that's just inspiration, to Alien.  I agree with you that Alien just doesn't seem that great, but it was, and for that reason, it is.  I saw Aliens first, so that shaped my opinion.  Aliens is certainly a better movie, but I've picked up a pretty significant appreciation for Alien by looking at it as a prequel to a top 50 all-time movie for me.  Aliens is easily one of the best action movies ever made.  If it wasn't for the obnoxious little girl in the movie, Aliens might rank right after The Thing for me as a favorite movie.

If you enjoyed anything about Alien at all, you owe it to yourself to watch Aliens.  It really is a movie that everybody, man or woman, needs to see at least once in their life.  If I tried my hardest to take out all bias, Aliens would still be a movie I would include in a 100 movies everyone should see before they die list. 

I'm gonna watch it in the next couple days. The problem is that I'm almost 30 and I finally watched Alien. It just isn't gonna look the same as if I had seen it younger and let it then shape what I watched from there. I definitely enjoyed most of the movie but the second half of it was just kind of sloppy to me. 

Just now, carl_sjunior said:

I'm gonna watch it in the next couple days. The problem is that I'm almost 30 and I finally watched Alien. It just isn't gonna look the same as if I had seen it younger and let it then shape what I watched from there. I definitely enjoyed most of the movie but the second half of it was just kind of sloppy to me. 

I'm almost 30, too, so it's not like you have an age excuse. 

Godfather II was good, but I prefer Godfather I for the pure shock value of some of the scenes.

There were some legit unpredictable things that happened, that were just amazing. I count 4 in total.

Plus, I love Sonny's character.

GFII, admittedly, had better scheming though. More of a rote ending though.

Will take the advice of the thread and not watch GF3

Edited by MathMan

11 hours ago, KManX89 said:

I'm finally watching The Disaster Artist. Finally the real-life story of how the greatest "so bad it's good movie" movie in the history of cinema came to life. James Franco played a perfect Tommy/Johnny Wiseau.

Oh hi, Mark. 

Want to watch this, but need to watch The Room first.

1 minute ago, MathMan said:

Yeah, I kind don't want to watch that either because it would reveal the man behind the curtain for when I finally watch The Room.

you can watch the room on youtube, you know? if you want to.. i got bored and stopped. i'd think it's a better watch after watching disaster artist though, tbh.