What movie are you watching?

Forge

I watched The Godfather trilogy a couple days ago (yeah, the entire trilogy in 1 day.  I'm productive on my off days).

I like Part I the best.  While I enjoyed Part II and also thought it was fantastic, the editing threw me off a little.  I'd get sucked into either Vito or Michael's story...and then they'd switch back.  Michael's development and rise to Don in the 1st one was amazing and more engaging than either storyline in Part II.

The 3rd one could have been fantastic, but some things I didn't like:

-Sofia Coppola was just awful
-The incestuous storyline was very offputting (why in the world would they do this?).  This and Coppola's performance took it from an 8 to a 5.5 for me
-After 2 movies caring about Tom, the family lawyer/consigliere, we're given generic lawyer BJ in the 3rd one.  Duvall not returning was a huge letdown

• Like 1

Just watched The Snowman, it was straight up trash. Holy cow, the story is such a mess that it has to be seen to be believed, though I wouldn't recommend it. Myself being the horror-thriller aficionado that I am, I didn't wanna believe it was as bad as everyone is saying going in, but alas, it was. How do you eff up a concept like this from what I've heard is actually a pretty good novel this bad?

I also got around to watching 500 Days of Summer. I'm not usually into rom-coms, but it was a cute, fun movie. It's never a bad thing when Zooey Deschanel looking so cute is just a bonus, loved the chemistry and story between her and JGL.

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

Just watched The Snowman, it was straight up trash. Holy cow, the story is such a mess that it has to be seen to be believed, though I wouldn't recommend it. Myself being the horror-thriller aficionado that I am, I didn't wanna believe it was as bad as everyone is saying going in, but alas, it was. How do you eff up a concept like this from what I've heard is actually a pretty good novel this bad?

I also got around to watching 500 Days of Summer. I'm not usually into rom-coms, but it was a cute, fun movie. It's never a bad thing when Zooey Deschanel looking so cute is just a bonus, loved the chemistry and story between her and JGL.

One of my favorites.

Watched the Jim Carey documentary and loved it. His new personal philosophy is quite interesting. Its seems so many people become happier when they throw the pursuit of money, ego and overall ambition out the window and just pivot to living however makes you truly happy. Then again, its easier to pivot with millions in your bank account, but the philosophy has merit nonetheless. And him staying in character was just cracking me up the whole 1.5 hours. Truly an interesting, introspective and hopefully healing man.

4 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Watched the Jim Carey documentary and loved it. His new personal philosophy is quite interesting. Its seems so many people become happier when they throw the pursuit of money, ego and overall ambition out the window and just pivot to living however makes you truly happy. Then again, its easier to pivot with millions in your bank account, but the philosophy has merit nonetheless. And him staying in character was just cracking me up the whole 1.5 hours. Truly an interesting, introspective and hopefully healing man.

Did you see his episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee?  That dude is batsh*+ crazy.  LoL

• Like 1

Did you see his episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee?  That dude is batsh*+ crazy.  LoL

IDK if I would go as far as saying he is totally off the wall. I hope he is self correcting from his days of caring about fame, money, ambition and is just swinging too far the other direction with the eventual destination of ending up somewhere in the middle.

Unless he is hurting others or mismanaging his life in an extreme way, I don't really see a issue with him just going full eccentric. Probably would be a pain in the *** to be around though lol