What movie are you watching?

Forge

I just watched American Made, it was fun from start to finish. For all this talk of Tom Cruise being hit-or-miss lately with his movie roles (and those claims aren't unwarranted, case in point: The Mummy reboot, which was godawful), he damn sure delivers in this film. He's so full of energy in every scene that the film actually misses a beat when he's not on screen, dare I say it. The cinematography is so well-done that it almost feels like it was filmed in the 1980s where the film takes place (it's based on the Medellin cartel). The documentary-styled storytelling adds another cool element to an already entertaining film.

I highly recommend picking it up on Redbox (it just came out a couple of days ago), I'm actually kicking myself right now knowing I missed out on a great movie when it was in theaters.

On 1/2/2018 at 8:55 AM, The Gnat said:

Watched the 5th Pirates movie. I felt like that was a solid movie and enjoyable. I mean, it's nothing all that special in terms of a movie, but as a popcorn flick, not bad.

Was watching this today and shut it off alittle more then half way through.

I, Tonya was great. I seriously think Margot Robbie deserves an Oscar. She is what we thought Jennifer Lawrence would become after Silver Linings Playbook IMO. I mean she is just outstanding. And all the peripheral characters, great as well. Probably the most American story ever and its so, so much deeper than a redneck skater. Basically a movie about the black hole of being born poor.

On 1/4/2018 at 10:17 AM, KManX89 said:

I just watched American Made, it was fun from start to finish. For all this talk of Tom Cruise being hit-or-miss lately with his movie roles (and those claims aren't unwarranted, case in point: The Mummy reboot, which was godawful), he damn sure delivers in this film. He's so full of energy in every scene that the film actually misses a beat when he's not on screen, dare I say it. The cinematography is so well-done that it almost feels like it was filmed in the 1980s where the film takes place (it's based on the Medellin cartel). The documentary-styled storytelling adds another cool element to an already entertaining film.

I highly recommend picking it up on Redbox (it just came out a couple of days ago), I'm actually kicking myself right now knowing I missed out on a great movie when it was in theaters.

Yeah I made sure to see that in the theatre.  Cruise and Liman are a dynamite team.  

23 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I, Tonya was great. I seriously think Margot Robbie deserves an Oscar. She is what we thought Jennifer Lawrence would become after Silver Linings Playbook IMO. I mean she is just outstanding. And all the peripheral characters, great as well. Probably the most American story ever and its so, so much deeper than a redneck skater. Basically a movie about the black hole of being born poor.

I said then and maintain that Bradley Cooper deserved an Oscar for that movie and she didn't

Watching

61R585pNZAL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

With the kids

Watched Baby Driver last night.

Was a lot of fun. Only thing I didn't like about the movie was that it was way less about Adam Drivers childhood than I thought it would be.

They did a good job of timing up music with everything, the flow was on point and worked really well.