What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 12/23/2017 at 10:10 AM, RamRod said:

Bright

Not as terrible as some of the reviews. Not something I would have gone out to the theater for, but worth a watch if you've got Netflix.

I watched it last night and I must say it was surprisingly decent. It wasn't by any means mind-blowing, but easily one of the better Netflix original films (which isn't saying much seeing how shyte their original flicks are).

Plus, love him or hate him, Will Smith is always oozing with charisma. 

Edited by KManX89

Havent clicked either of the Star Wars threads. So I can be free as to not know Im hurting feelings.

But Im just a little over 12 mins in. Might not make it through. Its the most "Disney" thing Ive seen in years. I put it on for the kids, and they lost interest and left me after 5 mins.

Edit 29 mins later...  Zipped through to the end. Worst thing I tried to watch in a many a year.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

7 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Havent clicked either of the Star Wars threads. So I can be free as to not know Im hurting feelings.

But Im just a little over 12 mins in. Might not make it through. Its the most "Disney" thing Ive seen in years. I put it on for the kids, and they lost interest and left me after 5 mins.

Edit 29 mins later...  Zipped through to the end. Worst thing I tried to watch in a many a year.

LoL.  More like worst take in “a many a year.”  It’s okay for ppl to not like it but you didn’t even watch it.  You have zero context to even form an opinion.  

And how did you not even like the opening sequence?  One pilot taking on a Dreadnaught all by himself?  Poe may not have much characterization at this point but there’s no question he’s the most badass pilot ever.  

Also, I love how it’s so popular to diss Disney too. Like their acquisitions of Pixar and Marvel weren’t 2 of the greatest, if not THE greatest, moves in entertainment history resulting in some of the greatest films ever.  LoL.

Edited by thrILL!
NS
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

LoL.  More like worst take in “a many a year.”  It’s okay for ppl to not like it but you didn’t even watch it.  You have zero context to even form an opinion.  

And how did you not even like the opening sequence?  One pilot taking on a Dreadnaught all by himself?  Poe may not have much characterization at this point but there’s no question he’s the most badass pilot ever.  

Also, I love how it’s so popular to diss Disney too. Like their acquisitions of Pixar and Marvel weren’t 2 of the greatest, if not THE greatest, moves in entertainment history resulting in some of the greatest films ever.  LoL.

1 pilot with corny "Star Lord" style ripoff lines taking on a Dreadnaught thing. Its like the most childish superhero styled segment Ive seen in ages. But its Disney, I get that. Its made for children.

None of the characters carry any soul to them like the original 3 had.  See better villains on SYFY movies than those jokers.

Really... A girl kicking a beam of what equals a battle ship. Is going to send vibrations 50 yards away and make some remote fall in her hand.. Whole movie was that type of childish.

And predictable... Every single step of the way, every detail was predictable. Luke says no about joining 50 times, Like I didnt know he wouldnt end up helping. There was nothing dramatic about that whole ordeal, or his ordeal at the end. "Shh, I think I know a way out" there at the end." No kidding they were going to find a way out. It was a total Disney fluff piece that carried none of the heart and soul the franchise built itself on in the first 3.

Disney bought Marvel? Had no clue. But nothing changes for that  anyway. Just standard "Heros never fail and overcome all odds" deal both always do childishly anyway. Im surprised you didnt say they aquired Game of Thrones. With the way season 7 went for that and now its D&Ds vision. I couldnt tell it wasnt a Disney product outside the cuss words.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

Stop   You said you didn’t even watch all of it.  And what Luke did at the end was the LEAST predictable thing ever in Star Wars.

You prolly watched some crummy handheld camcorder bootleg too. Why would that affect the quality of film shot in 1080+ with breathtaking CGI by ILM? Do you download  music and listen to it through clock radio speakers?  LoL

I pretty much stopped reading everything in his contradictory ramblings.  But then i saw he still tried arguing his case after he had his case picked apart.  "Most Disney thing ever..."  "Kids stopped watching in five minutes."  His kids hate the most Disney thing ever?  His kids must be the grumpiest kids alive or else it can't be the most Disney thing ever.  Predictable?  Literally the least predictable Star Wars ever made.  Ignores The Force in a movie about The Force and tries to use a girl kicking a wall to get a detonator to fall as a way to suggest the movie is bad. 

Some people just want to hate Star Wars.  It's literally the same it was 30 years ago when a large portion of people hated it just to hate it.  I have proof with some of the complaints about Empire Strikes Back.  Star Wars stood the test of time then, and it's gonna stand the test of time now.  In time, The Last Jedi will be re-evaluated as one of the best Star Wars movies that's been made.  It took risks and did things differently than any other Star Wars movie and it will become a cherished addition to the beloved Star Wars film franchise.

If anybody wants to discuss the major complaints of the movie in the spoiler thread, I'd be happy to point out how all the faults you claim are either not faults, or how they make sense or will make sense when looking back on the original trilogy and looking forward to the next one.

If you haven't seen the new Star Wars, do not pay attention to the complaints.  They're complaints based on fans not getting exactly what they wanted from the movie.  Two years after the complaints were that they got exactly what they thought Disney thought they wanted. 

• Like 1

Others have already mentioned it but Bright is a solid movie IMO. Will Smith is Will Smith. The plot/concept is pretty good and it’s different. 

Its worth a watch for sure. One of the better Netflix original movies. Not surprised because this was a big budget movie for them. The success of this should hopefully sway other good actors to make a Netflix movie