What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 12/15/2017 at 11:37 AM, devils1854 said:

ENT-Mudbound_IMG-2.jpg

Saw that this was getting Oscar buzz so I decided to watch it, and I understand the subject of the movie is one that tends to be in the wheelhouse of critics and of those that do the nominations for the awards, but this movie doesnt deserve anything. The first half of the movie is agonizingly slow, then it builds up to the ending that you knew was coming when you read the synopsis of the movie. The plot device that is used is hardly given any screen time until the end, instead they focus on a affair that really had no place being in the movie. A really choppy movie too. The director could have done a much better job of showing each characters point of view. If you want to watch a good movie about racism, watch 12 Years a Slave or Mississippi Burning, or a dozen others. This movie doesnt hold a candle to any of them. 

Disappointing to read - was looking forward to watch it this weekend but may look elsewhere. 

Edited by Remixxxxxxx

shaptumb.jpg

In case you were wondering what the best picture of the year, you now know. An absolute masterclass of directing by del Toro.

• Best Picture
  • Best Director
  • Best Actress
  • Best Original Screenplay
  • Best Original Score
  • Best Costume Design
  • Best Makeup

Those are the awards the film will win.

• Best Supporting Actor
  • Best Supporting Actress
  • Best Cinematography

Other awards it will be nominated for

The Disaster Artist was great. Extremely funny and to be honest, I cant think of a performance more deserving of an Oscar for best actor than Franco. He WAS Tommy Wiseau.

And if he won think how great it would be for Franco to send Tommy up instead of accepting it himself. Probably would be the most entertaining acceptance speech ever.

Edited by BroncosFan2010
adjusted
  • Like 1

I've seen a couple random ones lately. F the Prom which I loved for some reason, I Choose You was a pretty good one, 3 Billboards had some excellent acting and The Big Sick was enjoyable. For the most part I've enjoyed the movies this year. The only letdowns for me have been Atomic Blonde, Murder on the Orient Express, The Snowman, and maybe American Assassin/The Foreigner.

I'm finally watching Detroit. I meant to see it sooner, but never got around to seeing it in theaters. For all the controversy surrounding this movie, I hear it's actually a good-to-great film buried behind tons of race-baiting, the discrepancy between Metacritic user and critic scores seem to reflect that. Plus it's got my boy, John Boyega.

It reminds me of the backlash the live-action Ghost in the Shell got for its whitewashing (though they did make Scarlett Jo kinda look Asian), except it wasn't even a good movie sans the controversy. While Detroit's audience score is mixed, GitS was universally-panned by both audiences and critics alike.

Edited by KManX89

13 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

The Disaster Artist was great. Extremely funny and to be honest, I cant think of a performance more deserving of an Oscar for best actor than Franco. He WAS Tommy Wiseau.

And if he won think how great it would be for Franco to send Tommy up instead of accepting it himself. Probably would be the most entertaining acceptance speech ever.

I just got home from seeing it. I couldn't hold it together for Zac Efron's scene.